Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-25-2011, 04:47 PM   #1
jtpryan
jtpryan began at the beginning.

Device: color nook
What to do now that 2.2 is out?

I got email this morning telling me that 2.2 is now available for download. My question is has anybody got a procedure for putting this on a currently rooted NC?

Do I need to go back to stock first, update, then root again?

If so, what is the simplest way to go back to stock?

Can I back up the apps I have on it or do I need to reinstall?

What exactly is "CM7" and would I want it?

Thanks,
Jim
jtpryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:47 PM   #2
Quistopher
Enthusiast
Quistopher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Quistopher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Quistopher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Quistopher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: NookColor CM7 7.0.3
I am sure there will be a couple of ways to root it in the next week or sooner. For me, its just a matter of finding a process that I am comfortable with.
Quistopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:13 AM   #3
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently: iPhone 3GS (no SIM); Acer 700 Tablet; Kindle 4 (Black)
For me, personally, the release of 2.2 was the straw that pushed me over to CM7. Just too many issues with the apps I use most right now so I really see no point to it.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:43 PM   #4
lionel47
Addict
lionel47 doesn't litterlionel47 doesn't litter

Device: B&N Nook, Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
For me, personally, the release of 2.2 was the straw that pushed me over to CM7. Just too many issues with the apps I use most right now so I really see no point to it.
Word.
lionel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 04:34 PM   #5
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Nook HD+, Xperia Ion
The link in my sig has a solid breakdown of your options for rooting and flashing, and what they all mean.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:04 PM   #6
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Nexus 7 (2013). Wife Kindle Paperwhite, Nexus 7 (2013)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
Ditto.

And B&N released the source code already for the 1.2 update...so hopefully, once dalingrin over at xda finishes his finals at school, we'll get deep sleep on the NC before too long.

I like CM7 a lot. Missing two things for me : battery life (2 days doesn't cut it) and the kid's Nook books that read to them. The last one is up to B&N to add to the Nook app.
GreenMonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:25 PM   #7
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently: iPhone 3GS (no SIM); Acer 700 Tablet; Kindle 4 (Black)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMonkey View Post
Ditto.

And B&N released the source code already for the 1.2 update...so hopefully, once dalingrin over at xda finishes his finals at school, we'll get deep sleep on the NC before too long.

I like CM7 a lot. Missing two things for me : battery life (2 days doesn't cut it) and the kid's Nook books that read to them. The last one is up to B&N to add to the Nook app.
I don't worry so much about the kids' books - mostly because my daughter is still addicted to pBooks, and has gotten a little too old for those ones - but deep sleep would be nice.

(With any luck we should have deep sleep in 7.1 though, as from what I've heard Dalingrin had either solved it or almost solved it before his finals hit.)
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote