Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-30-2011, 10:22 AM   #1
garygibsonsf
Addict
garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
Angry Robot Celebratory 50% Off Offer

Angry Robot Books are a UK-based publisher of SF and Fantasy, including Zoo City by Lauren Beukes, which just won the Clarke Award. To celebrate this, they put out a tweet detailing the offer:

Quote:
To celebrate @laurenbeukes Clarke win, get 50% of 2 or more eBooks until May 9th at www.angryrobotstore.com - use the code clarke11 at checkout
Their books are already very reasonably priced, as well as being-let's say it loud-DRM free. Other notable works published by them include Embedded, by Dan Abnett, otherwise known for his Warhammer books, and a republication of KW Jeter's absolutely fantastic proto-steampunk novel from the Eighties, 'Infernal Devices', which I unreservedly and unapologetically recommend by jumping up and down and yelling 'Buy this! Buy this!'
garygibsonsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:40 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Thanks for the tip! Love those Angry Robots.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2011, 02:58 PM   #3
anjirlly
Groupie
anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle on Android phone; PB360; Sony 950
I just bought almost a quarter of their catalog! Thanks so much for passing along the sale code.

I added the publisher to the MR wiki section about DRM-free ebook sources.
anjirlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:59 PM   #4
redbees
Enthusiast
redbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Paperwhite 2, Nexus 7
garygibsonsf,
Thanks for telling us about this offer. Unfortunately, I bought Infernal Devices less than two weeks ago, although I have yet to read it. Have you recommendations for any other Angry Robot titles?

ETA: I have already read Zoo City.
redbees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:31 PM   #5
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
I've been reading City of Hope and Despair (I think that's the title ... first in the series, thou) by Ian Whates. It's pretty good. At 64% through, still just getting glimpses of the forces behind the initial (and very much present) story.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert