Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 04-29-2011, 01:05 PM   #1
Ziflin
Ziflin began at the beginning.

Device: nook Color
How to disable flash playback in web pages?

In v1.2 does anyone know how to disable embedded flash windows from playing? This makes several websites incredibly slow.. And considering they're mostly ads it's pretty ass.
Ziflin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 06:55 PM   #2
RAH
Fanatic
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
I do not think it is possible, even with a regular PC. I say this because it is acommon complaint about flash graphics slowing down web pages. I agree that it is annoying, especially with silly frills.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:55 PM   #3
ActionHealthy
ActionHealthy began at the beginning.

Device: NookColor
I'm not 100% sure but you may want to go into setting (While viewing the "web") click the arrow for enable plug-ins and click the "on demand" instead of "always on".
ActionHealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:47 PM   #4
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAH View Post
I do not think it is possible, even with a regular PC. I say this because it is acommon complaint about flash graphics slowing down web pages. I agree that it is annoying, especially with silly frills.
It's definitely possible in the Dolphin android browser. I just set up Dolphin on my CM7 image and it specifically asked whether or not to run flash on demand or automatically.

Presumably if they can do it, B&N can too. I dunno if there's a system option for it, though.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:59 PM   #5
Barry2020
Barry2020 began at the beginning.

Device: ColorNook
Check your browsers options...
Barry2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 07:55 AM   #6
RAH
Fanatic
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, it may be possible to completely turn off the displaying of any flash on any webpage, the same way you can turn off Javascript. But I meant that you cannot easily turn it off for a particular page or website. It's just inconvenient to have it turned off totally in case you hit one of these slow-to-load websites.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:08 AM   #7
mariel9898
Connoisseur
mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Color, Droid 2 Global
I have not tried this yet as I'm not updated but supposedly it works. If you change enable plugins to "On Demand" the sections of a website that have Flash will load as blank boxes which you can click on to load the individual Flash portions of the page.
mariel9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:18 AM   #8
RAH
Fanatic

That does sound interesting. I'll give it a try!
Old 04-30-2011, 10:28 AM   #9
lionel47
Addict
lionel47 doesn't litterlionel47 doesn't litter

Device: B&N Nook, Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAH View Post
If you use Firefox on a regular PC and install Ad Block Plus, you never even know Flash ads exist. Been using it for years and am always surprised at how many ads there are.
lionel47 is offline   Reply With Quote