Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-24-2011, 11:41 AM   #1
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Bargain Kindle (or Free Kobo) Book: Null Pointer

Null Pointer by Johnny Batch is $0.99 at Amazon

Quote:
The man in the cubicle beside him was dead. The police say it was a heart attack, but programmer Joshua Jones knows better. A message he found in the dead man's code points to a psychotic hacker who can strike through the internet, leaving no trace. Relying on the advice from his tech savvy friends, Joshua must solve the mystery of who the killer is and how he attacks before Joshua becomes his next victim.
You can also pick this book up for free at Kobo, using either the $1 OFF (KoboSpring1) or the $2 OFF (redtag2) coupons.

You will notice the author name is different on the 2 sites; I was curious about that so I went searching. Here is what I found.

(I found out about this book on RandomizeME's blog, so I used her affiliate link for the Amazon book.)
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 02:01 PM   #2
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Thank you, I've already got it. As a mystery fan and a programmer (and a bit of geek myself), I'll give it a try
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2011, 11:35 AM   #3
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Thank you, I've already got it. As a mystery fan and a programmer (and a bit of geek myself), I'll give it a try

Same here on all counts. Grabbing it while the coupon is good.
I'm afraid, with all the good coupon deals I've found this month, it will be fairly far down on my reading list, so maybe if you get to it first, post a review...so I know if I should bother...:-)
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:01 PM   #4
Little_bear
Groupie
Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch (gifted to a friend), Sony PRS-T2, iPad mini
Thank you, I've got it from Kobo with the coupon!
The Kobo book is written by Ken McConnell. At Amazon both books are listed... however they have the same description. I don't know were is the mistake.
Here are the Amazon links: Null_Pointer by Ken McConnell and Null Pointer by Johnny Batch
Little_bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:26 PM   #5
ApK
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_bear View Post
Thank you, I've got it from Kobo with the coupon!
The Kobo book is written by Ken McConnell. At Amazon both books are listed... however they have the same description. I don't know were is the mistake.
Here are the Amazon links: Null_Pointer by Ken McConnell and Null Pointer by Johnny Batch
"Johnny Batch" sounds like a programmer's nom de plume to me.

Both Amazon listings refer to Ken McConnell's Amazon author's page, so I assume he just picked the pen name at some point.
Nice thing about the Internet and ebook authors these days...we could probably just ask him....
Advert
Old 04-25-2011, 09:38 PM   #6
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
"Johnny Batch" sounds like a programmer's nom de plume to me.

Both Amazon listings refer to Ken McConnell's Amazon author's page, so I assume he just picked the pen name at some point.
Nice thing about the Internet and ebook authors these days...we could probably just ask him....
He explains it here (link was included in the OP )
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:26 PM   #7
ApK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
(link was included in the OP )
D'oh!
Old 05-08-2011, 09:17 AM   #8
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
Just finished this book. OK story but it was full of spelling and grammar errors ; e.g. loose for lose, dinning for dining, partial sentences, sentences joined by commas instead of periods or semicolons (think that's called run-on). And I'm just an average reader - wouldn't a professional editor have found at least twice as much as I did? A little distracting.

Is this typical of self-published works?
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:22 AM   #9
ApK

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacmart View Post
Is this typical of self-published works?
Let's not paint the whole concept of self publishing in this light.

But since it is so easy to self-publish a poorly edited work, let's instead say it's that much more important for a self-publisher to pay proper attention to, or seek out proper help with, editing and proofreading.

In other words, put the blame on the person responsible.

If they are held accountable and called to task, then maybe it WON'T be typical of self-published works for long....