Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 05-23-2013, 11:26 AM   #1171
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I can confirm that what Don says is true. Doesn't work in Firefox but fine in Chrome (I've recently switched because of garbled font rendering in Firefox)
That's just odd....I wonder why Firefox is behaving so badly with this page?
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:40 AM   #1172
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2(WiFi) / FireHD; Kindle DX-G; Kobo-AuraHD,Glo,Mini; Ipad Air
A few minutes ago, I received a notice of a Firefox security update, which I refused to accept (for the moment, anyway) because 2 or 3 of my Kaspersky Anti-Virus modules will not yet work on that update.

If anyone has accepted that security update, I wonder if it will work on your blog?

Don
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:27 PM   #1173
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I know when I worked in Firefox it kept saying that I needed to upgrade Firefox, but I was writing at work so I didn't want to install any updates just in case there were prying eyes.

I'm going to go back and see if there is anything crazy from the text that may be causing issues.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:44 AM   #1174
jhempel24
Wizard

Okay, I am able to get into it through Firefox now after the update to the browser. Hopefully it works for everyone else too.

For now though, here is Flash Friday, The Haunted Halls by Glenn Rolfe. I had this recommended to me by John Everson.

Lets take a walk shall we?

http://topoftheheapreviews.com/flash...glenn-j-rolfe/
Old 05-24-2013, 07:40 AM   #1175
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The same issue: nothing.

Don
Old 05-24-2013, 07:56 AM   #1176
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Galaxy SIII; Xoom; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
The same issue: nothing.

Don
It's seems worse here. Home page is also blank now... very weird stuff!

and I do have the most recent release of Firefox.

Last edited by kennyc; 05-24-2013 at 08:03 AM.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:09 AM   #1177
jhempel24
Wizard

Quote:
It's seems worse here. Home page is also blank now... very weird stuff!

and I do have the most recent release of Firefox.
this is getting horrible I'm going to have to contact Go Daddy about this
Old 05-24-2013, 08:15 AM   #1178
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
this is getting horrible I'm going to have to contact Go Daddy about this
Good Plan...
Old 05-24-2013, 09:27 AM   #1179
jhempel24
Wizard

Quote:
Good Plan...
Well I can't even get to it with Chrome. Oooookay. So I'm on hold with them, I can't get to the site using Chrome or IE, but they could get to it with Firefox...what the heck is going on...this is frustrating as all get out!

Last edited by jhempel24; 05-24-2013 at 09:48 AM.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:25 PM   #1180
Steve Vernon
Connoisseur
Steve Vernon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Vernon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Vernon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Vernon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Vernon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Vernon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Vernon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Vernon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Vernon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Vernon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Vernon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I've got some news about a Kobo pre-order - for those folks who are interested.

Do the math.

Save six bucks.

Check it out.
Steve Vernon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:48 PM   #1181
jhempel24
Wizard

It was one of my plug-ins!!

I thought I de-activated them, but I guess not....it "should" be up now while I troubleshoot!

www.topoftheheapreviews.com

Hope someone can give me some feedback on the firefox end!
Old 05-24-2013, 05:13 PM   #1182
kennyc

Quote:

I thought I de-activated them, but I guess not....it "should" be up now while I troubleshoot!

Yep, that seems to be working now. Woo-Hoo!
Old 05-24-2013, 08:42 PM   #1183
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:

Finally got to read the review. Good job.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:36 PM   #1184
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

As Kenny notes, it's now working!

Don
Old 05-25-2013, 04:08 AM   #1185
jhempel24
Wizard

thanks for baring with me everyone....I figured out which one it was (W3 total cache), and am using another caching program for website performance.

Tags
100-words, acupuncture, amazon, anthology, apple, apple ibookstore, auotbiography famous, author promotion, authors, bible, blog, blogs, book club, book reviewers, book tour, bookscanner, camera, charity, cheap ebooks, chinese medicine, christmas, contest, creative commons, crime, crowdfunding, deals, deskew, devotional, digitize, discount, drabble, e-book week, e-books, ebook, ebooks, encouragement, epic kindle giveaway, epub fire, epub kindle fire, exchange, fantasy ebooks, fiction authors, followers, forecast, foreign markets, formatting, free, free books, free e-books, free e-reader, free ebooks, free kindle books, free kindle fire, freeebooks, giveaway, giveaways, horror, horror ebook, ibooks, ibookstore, idevices, indie, indie author, indies, inscriptions, inspirational, international, interview, japan, kindle, kindle fire, libraries, library rental, marketing, martial arts, marvin, micro fiction, no drm, parsina press, prague, prayer, promote, promotion, promotions, publishing, rdlecoeur, read an ebook week, reading list, review, reviewers, richard stephenson, rita toews, rss, sale, science fiction, science fiction ebooks, self-publishing, serial mystery, smashwords, stephen goldin, steven lyle jordan, story, storybundle, submissions, thriller, tips, tools, translation, translators, unwarp, weather, web, website, writer, writers, writing