Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-15-2013, 08:26 AM   #1111
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Flash Friday for today is Greenhorn, a kids book dealing with WWII and the Holocaust from the eyes of children, and a boy displaced from Poland and a survivor

http://topoftheheapreviews.com/flash...nna-olswanger/
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:44 PM   #1112
goodatgolf
goodatgolf began at the beginning.

Device: amazon Kindle
Talking Good at Golf

You can find all kinds of golf swing tips and advice on my golf blog.
Check it out if you love the sport. I post golf tips, swing analysis and many things more regularly. You can also learn more about my book the Good at Golf Training Method.

http://www.good-at-golf.com
http://www.good-at-golf.com/good-at-...aining-method/

Cheers
Greg
goodatgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:34 PM   #1113
SidneyW
Zealot
SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
A few thoughts on one of the first slasher films - http://sidneywilliams.blogspot.com/2...t-seminal.html
SidneyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:57 AM   #1114
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm creating the illusion of pace by posting another book review on my site.

This effort is from Andy Gavin, a programmer-come-author who earned some renown for the Crash Bandicoot and Jak & Daxter game franchises.

This effort is a young adult time travel romp called Untimed that I think would work well for a younger (or younger in spirit) male audience.

The review is here: http://papyrus.calebblake.net/2013/0...by-andy-gavin/
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:48 PM   #1115
Rinelle Grey
Rinelle Grey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rinelle Grey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rinelle Grey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rinelle Grey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rinelle Grey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rinelle Grey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rinelle Grey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rinelle Grey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rinelle Grey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rinelle Grey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rinelle Grey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle for ipad
I'm doing a giveaway of Aubrie Dionne's YA Sci-Fi novel, Colonization, at my blog today. Check it out for your chance to win. www.rinellegrey.com
Rinelle Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:03 AM   #1116
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.
Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
My thoughts on Dave Walton's QUINTESSENCE.

I've known David for a long time -- way back before he won the Philip K. Dick and Jim Baen Memorial awards. He was a good writer back then. He's even better now.
Nancy Fulda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:00 AM   #1117
bmcox
Connoisseur
bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Adam Rainville reviewed The Memory of a Salt Shaker.
bmcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:04 AM   #1118
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2(WiFi) / FireHD; Kindle DX-G; Kobo-AuraHD,Glo,Mini; Ipad Air
Moderator Notice

Please remember that if you post a link to Amazon in this thread for your book, then your post will be deleted. No PM will be sent.

It is your responsibility to post to the correct 'Shameless' thread.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 05-07-2013 at 07:37 AM.
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:28 AM   #1119
Rinelle Grey
Rinelle Grey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rinelle Grey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rinelle Grey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rinelle Grey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rinelle Grey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rinelle Grey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rinelle Grey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rinelle Grey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rinelle Grey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rinelle Grey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rinelle Grey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle for ipad
I wrote a blog post today on dealing with procrastination. http://rinellegrey.com/three-steps-t...ocrastination/
Rinelle Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:46 AM   #1120
Cliff Ball
Zealot
Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I completely rebuilt my website/blog, check it out at: http://www.cliffball.net
Cliff Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:40 PM   #1121
vampiregrave
vampiregrave will blow your mind, man!vampiregrave will blow your mind, man!vampiregrave will blow your mind, man!vampiregrave will blow your mind, man!vampiregrave will blow your mind, man!vampiregrave will blow your mind, man!vampiregrave will blow your mind, man!vampiregrave will blow your mind, man!vampiregrave will blow your mind, man!vampiregrave will blow your mind, man!vampiregrave will blow your mind, man!

Device: Kobo Glo
Cool Projecto Adamastor - eBooks in Portuguese

I believe this might be of interest to all portuguese speaking users:

Quote:
O mercado do livro digital, que nos últimos anos tem vindo a crescer significativamente no estrangeiro, começa agora a desenvolver-se no nosso país, beneficiando da descida de preço dos eReaders e da proliferação dos smartphones e tablets. No entanto, estratégias editoriais à parte, tal desenvolvimento está limitado pela insuficiente oferta de títulos em português, num formato apropriado para leitura nesses dispositivos electrónicos.

Neste sentido, o Projecto Adamastor tem como principal objectivo atenuar essa escassez através da criação de uma biblioteca digital de obras literárias em domínio público, obras essas que serão disponibilizadas de forma gratuita e em formato EPUB, sem qualquer tipo de restrição.

Tal não significa que o projecto se resuma à mera conversão de textos disponíveis online, bem pelo contrário: os colaboradores do Projecto Adamastor procuram acrescentar valor através de uma revisão cuidada de cada obra, de modo a minimizar o número de erros e a atingir uma versão fiel ao original, actualizada de acordo com a ortografia vigente. Tudo isto acompanhado por um design atractivo.
The project has been recently launched with three eBooks, all available in EPUB:
Eurico o Presbítero, by Alexandre Herculano
Livro de Soror Saudade, by Florbela Espanca
O Banqueiro Anarquista, by Fernando Pessoa

The official website:
http://projectoadamastor.org/

vampiregrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:25 PM   #1122
Kim Donovan
Kim Donovan
Kim Donovan began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Should indie authors treat self-publishing as a business?

Hi
I've been thinking about whether I should operate in a more business like way as an independent publisher. And i've been looking at traditional publishers' mission statements for inspiration. They're fascinating! I'd be really interested to hear your thoughts on the matter and ask whether any of you have mission statements for your publishing businesses? I've just written a blog on the subject. Here is the link if you're interested.
Thanks
Kim
http://electrikinc.wordpress.com/201...sion-possible/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	finalViperCover(ebook).png
Views:	35
Size:	356.0 KB
ID:	103326   Click image for larger version

Name:	cover - compressed try out.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	160.9 KB
ID:	103327  
Kim Donovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:18 AM   #1123
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's time for another review on my site. This time, it's John A. A. Logan with his literary anthology, Storm Damage.

Review here: http://papyrus.calebblake.net/2013/0...ohn-a-a-logan/
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:28 AM   #1124
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
I posted something non-book related on my blog today about dealing with fantastic customer service (yep that's right).

http://topoftheheapreviews.com/how-c...ort-should-be/

I need to get back to reading and reviewing, I got burnt out really fast and became so overwhelmed that it just became work and not so much fun.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:38 AM   #1125
M T McGuire
Addict
M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Two things going on today. On my own blog, we kick off a new feature, Box 010, it's not too complicated, have a look and see how it works and if you'd like to take part get in touch. You can find it here.

Second thing, there's a New session of Gumbee Fantasy Writers' Guild posts up... this series we are mostly 'doing' love and/or pathos, how each writer approaches it and how. For the first post, from Marcus Pailing, go here

Hope you enjoy them.

Cheers

MTM
M T McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
100-words, acupuncture, amazon, anthology, apple, apple ibookstore, auotbiography famous, author promotion, authors, bible, blog, blogs, book club, book reviewers, book tour, bookscanner, camera, charity, cheap ebooks, chinese medicine, christmas, contest, creative commons, crime, crowdfunding, deals, deskew, devotional, digitize, discount, drabble, e-book week, e-books, ebook, ebooks, encouragement, epic kindle giveaway, epub fire, epub kindle fire, epub3, ereader apps, exchange, fantasy ebooks, fiction authors, followers, forecast, foreign markets, formatting, free, free books, free e-books, free e-reader, free ebooks, free kindle books, free kindle fire, freeebooks, giveaway, giveaways, horror, horror ebook, ibooks, ibookstore, idevices, indie, indie author, indies, inscriptions, inspirational, international, interview, japan, kindle, kindle fire, libraries, library rental, marketing, martial arts, marvin, micro fiction, no drm, parsina press, prague, prayer, promote, promotion, promotions, publishing, rdlecoeur, read an ebook week, reading list, review, reviewers, richard stephenson, rita toews, rss, sale, science fiction, science fiction ebooks, self-publishing, serial mystery, smashwords, stephen goldin, steven lyle jordan, story, storybundle, submissions, thriller, tips, tools, translation, translators, unwarp, weather, web, website, writer, writers, writing