Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 10-13-2012, 11:05 PM   #886
Ed Foundation
Ed Foundation began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Used Kindles for Schools?

I'm writing on behalf of the teachers of the Pleasant Ridge Union School District - they have asked for Kindles/Nooks in order to help engage those K-8 students who are falling behind in reading. So far we haven't been able to get them any new e-readers, and I was hoping to start a program that donates used Kindles and Nooks to schools. You can read about the e-reader program at our Education Foundation website: http://www.pleasantridgeeducationfoundation.org. If anyone out there wants to make a teacher's day by donating their used Kindle, you can send it to Pleasant Ridge Education Foundation, 13440 Countryside Ranch Rd, Grass Valley, CA 95949.

I hope this works!!
Ed Foundation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:58 AM   #887
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My latest review is up. This one starts during the second world war, but continues into post-war Palestine. A drama and a romance.

Have a read: http://papyrus.calebblake.net/2012/1...liam-e-thomas/
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:17 AM   #888
M T McGuire
Addict
M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Hello

Here's another blog post to help you sleep. http://wp.me/pJIxY-aG it's for #the next best thing which is doing the rounds. Unfortunately it's about my books (yawn). There are links to five varied and excellent authors at the end though. ;-)

Cheers

MTM

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 10-17-2012 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Condensed URL expanded
M T McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:54 AM   #889
vrajmohan
vrajmohan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.vrajmohan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.vrajmohan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.vrajmohan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.vrajmohan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.vrajmohan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.vrajmohan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.vrajmohan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.vrajmohan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.vrajmohan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.vrajmohan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Nook
epubs of the classics

I have created a project (http://www.flagadoo.com/epubs-of-the-classics/) to create pretty epub books of the classics from the text sources in Project Gutenberg. Essentially, I am focusing on:
1. Pretty quotes
2. em and en dashes
3. italics
4. chunking one chapter per HTML file.

I would appreciate any feedback from you.
vrajmohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:45 AM   #890
chrisanthropic
Fiend
chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
After spending the past year or so promoting my wife's books I've come to realize that there aren't a lot of places to promote non-kindle books, especially if they are fantasy, horror, or sci-fi (which happen to be my favorites).

Because of that, I've created a site that does exactly that. I post free fantasy, horror, and sci-fi books for Kindle, Nook, and Kobo, every day. One post per day per device.

If you're an author and want to submit a book (it's free) please check out the author section of the site.

www.FreeFantasyBook.com
chrisanthropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:23 PM   #891
Dodge
Sparks fly off my pages!
Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm a guest poster at http://www.ismellsheep.com today. Swing by and check out my post - Why I Use Fiction to Mirror Reality
I am also having a giveaway of my novel, DRAKE ELDORADO: DISTORTION, Book 1 in the series.

Thanks for checking it out!
Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:33 PM   #892
HeadSpit
HeadSpit began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
http://www.amschultz.com/index.html (Interviews with authors) I swear to myself it has more taste than a slow cooked porter-house steak!
HeadSpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:35 AM   #893
Margit A. Doyle
Margit A. Doyle began at the beginning.

Hello everyone,

please let me introduce my blogs to you:

http://irlanderleben.blogspot.com is a blog about Ireland and Austria, posts are in English and German

http://margitannabinder.blogspot.com is a blog viewing my published book (will be more in future) and about my new projects
Margit A. Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:50 PM   #894
andrewburt
Science Fiction Writer
andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.

Device: several
50% OFF Sale for Halloween at ReAnimus Press!

All ebooks in the ReAnimus Press store are 50% off on Halloween — one day only! — with coupon code "HWEEN50". Great books — science fiction by folks like Ben Bova, Wil McCarthy, Norman Spinrad, Henry Gee, Harvey Jacobs, Robert Silverberg, horror by Twilight Zone master Jerry Sohl, ebooks on writing science fiction, and a whole lot more!

andrewburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:15 PM   #895
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Nook, Galaxy 4mini phone
I've decided to torture you with another of my poems: http://ryallon.blogspot.com/2012/10/...free-poem.html
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:58 AM   #896
PamelaMary
Guru
PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

An Author's Place

If you need help with banners or side-bar ads I may be able to assist you. Check here on my website: http://anauthorsplace.weebly.com/ads...ssidebars.html
PamelaMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:01 AM   #897
DonnaFaz
Connoisseur
DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

If you're a romance readers (or author), please check out my blog: Awesome Romance Novels. We also have a Facebook page by the same name. We promote romance novels for Kindle, Nook, Kobo, iBooks, Smashwords, and more...and paperbacks when the books are available in that format. You can sign up via e-mail and receive the posts every day! Thanks!
DonnaFaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:25 AM   #898
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Another Steampunk venture - this time into Colonial "Amerigon". Read my review here:

http://papyrus.calebblake.net/2012/1...david-michael/
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:43 AM   #899
ErikGus
Horror Writer
ErikGus can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ErikGus can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ErikGus can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ErikGus can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ErikGus can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ErikGus can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ErikGus can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ErikGus can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ErikGus can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ErikGus can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ErikGus can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Fire
Thumbs up America's Next Author +chance to win an Ipad

I have an entry in America's Next Author contest!

I've made it up to number 11 so far and I need more votes and reviews to keep climbing! Especially your reviews!

Please help by checking out my free horror short "My Friend the Dark" at http://www.ebookmall.com/author/erikgustafson

And bonus: those who review 4 or more stories in the contest are entered in a contest to win an Ipad!!

Thanks

Last edited by ErikGus; 11-03-2012 at 01:32 AM.
ErikGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:29 PM   #900
Cliff Ball
Zealot
Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
For the rest of the month, 5 of my novels will be $.99 each on Amazon, B&N, and Kobo

http://cliffballauthor.wordpress.com...n-bn-and-kobo/
Cliff Ball is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
100-words, acupuncture, amazon, anthology, apple, apple ibookstore, auotbiography famous, author promotion, authors, bible, blog, blogs, book club, book reviewers, book tour, bookscanner, camera, charity, cheap ebooks, chinese medicine, christmas, contest, creative commons, crime, crowdfunding, deals, deskew, devotional, digitize, discount, drabble, e-book week, e-books, ebook, ebooks, encouragement, epic kindle giveaway, epub fire, epub kindle fire, exchange, fantasy ebooks, fiction authors, followers, forecast, foreign markets, formatting, free, free books, free e-books, free e-reader, free ebooks, free kindle books, free kindle fire, freeebooks, giveaway, giveaways, horror, horror ebook, ibooks, ibookstore, idevices, indie, indie author, indies, inscriptions, inspirational, international, interview, japan, kindle, kindle fire, libraries, library rental, marketing, martial arts, marvin, micro fiction, no drm, parsina press, prague, prayer, promote, promotion, promotions, publishing, rdlecoeur, read an ebook week, reading list, review, reviewers, richard stephenson, rita toews, rss, sale, science fiction, science fiction ebooks, self-publishing, serial mystery, smashwords, stephen goldin, steven lyle jordan, story, storybundle, submissions, thriller, tips, tools, translation, translators, unwarp, weather, web, website, writer, writers, writing