Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-14-2011, 12:53 PM   #1
Steppa
Steppa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Steppa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Steppa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Steppa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook Color
Metro Skin for Calibre

I am big fan of the clean monochromatic look of Metro UI (usied in Windows Phone 7). I have skinned about 80% of Calibre on the same principle and here are the results.

Big Thanks to Kiwi Dude for configuring his plugins to use the "resources image folder". This allows plugin icons to be skinned just once and then remain the same whenever you update your plugins.

[Graphic too large. Deleted. - MODERATOR]

[Graphic too large. Deleted. - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 04-14-2011 at 02:03 PM.
Steppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 08:08 AM   #2
Steppa
Steppa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Steppa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Steppa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Steppa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Let's try this again with the images resized.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 04-15-2011 at 08:39 AM.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:15 AM   #3
WT Sharpe
Grand Muckity-Muck
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Air, iPod Nano, & a PC running Windows 9.
Much better (although I replaced the tiny URLs with the full links - we have a policy against using tint URLs)!

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 04-15-2011 at 08:40 AM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:30 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steppa View Post
Big Thanks to Kiwi Dude for configuring his plugins to use the "resources image folder". This allows plugin icons to be skinned just once and then remain the same whenever you update your plugins.
Looks good, zip up the icons and attach them to the post.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 08:24 AM   #5
Steppa

Once again thanks to KiwiDude for his modified plugin code and to Yankoa on Deviant Art for allowing the use of his wonderful Metro Icons. And off course Kovid for creating this awesome program.

Main GUI skin is complete. The following Plugin images are also included:
Book Sync
Devices
Extract ISBN
Generate Cover
Goodreads Sync
Plugin Updater
Quality Check
Search The Internet
View Manager.

1. Back Up you existing AppData/Roaming/calibre/Resources folder.
2. Extract the zip file to your AppData/Roaming/calibre/Resources folder.
3. Restart Calibre
4. Enjoy.

Note: I did not skin any plug-in icons that are tiny (32x32) as it did not look good.

Cheers.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Metro_Skin_For_Calibre.zip (1.75 MB, 1503 views)
Old 04-17-2011, 09:58 PM   #6
DeadMan
Enthusiast
DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.

Device: Jetbook-Lite, NextBook Next1
Very cool. Thanks.

Wish there was an easy way to change the colours for the rest of the GUI in the Windows version. Unless there is something new I missed along the way.
DeadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:00 AM   #7
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: Cybook Gen3
A very nice-looking icon set, although I personally prefer the default- that might be a case of what I'm used to, though
One thing you may want to look into: On Win XP, the tray icon didn't show for me, although I suspect that's because I'm using a display theme that has black title and task bars. It would help, though, to have a white border on that icon.
Another thing: The splash screen is broken, as in the status text Calibre displays writes on the image. I think you need to put a little blank space in there.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote