Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-14-2011, 09:31 AM   #1
ahonamous
ahonamous began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WF
FW3.1 Collections without Registration?

Checklist for my K3W running 3.1:
Jailbreak 3.1 - Check
Install font hack - Check
Install ss hack - Check
SSH - Pending
Enable collections without registering - nope.
The jailbreak is pretty straight forward as were pretty much all of the other hacks, THANK YOU!! Has anyone figured out how to enable collections without having to register? I know it could be done on FW prior to 3.1. I have loaded up my K3, but I am very tempted to undo everything & reset, then perform a diff on the system before and after a registration. Any thoughts?

Anne
ahonamous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:44 PM   #2
ahonamous
ahonamous began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WF
It is all about the /var/local/java/prefs/reginfo file, but many of you probably already knew that. Anyhow, I tried the reginfo.04 hack with no luck. I did register get the file and then deregister.

The file has 6 main parts: <store_authentication_cookie>, <device_private_key>, <given_name>, <name>, <user_device_name>, and <alias>. I cleared the first two fields and reinstalled the modified reginfo file. No Joy. It looks like there is a need to calculate an acceptable authentication cookie and private key. Any one have any ideas on how to do that?

CORRECTION: Another try and it looks like we really only need an acceptable device_private_key, and NOT a store_authentication_cookie...

Last edited by ahonamous; 04-22-2011 at 12:11 AM. Reason: More info...
ahonamous is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast