Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-13-2011, 01:59 AM   #1
joshualintag
Enthusiast
joshualintag began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
My kindle wifi is not working

When I go to Home->settings-> under device info- it says Wi-Fi MAC address: unavailable

I tried to reset to factory defaults but nothing happens!
I also cannot view my Wi-Fi settings because when I select view, nothing happens, too.

Help me please, I am lost without my kindle! oh, and its a kindle 3
joshualintag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:18 AM   #2
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
It did work in the past but stopped working?

Did it reboot when you "reset to factory defaults?"
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 04-13-2011, 10:28 AM   #3
Scott_T
Groupie
Scott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-500, Reb1100(dead)
Have you checked your wireless router with another device?
Scott_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:32 PM   #4
joshualintag
Enthusiast
joshualintag began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Its fixed already! The reset to factory defaults did the trick. First, I put a kindle password, then I switcheda my kindle to sleep mode, then I wake it and it asked for the password, I typed: resetmykindle and it reset to factory defaults!
joshualintag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:50 AM   #5
larsr
larsr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 keyboard 3.0.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshualintag View Post
Its fixed already! The reset to factory defaults did the trick. First, I put a kindle password, then I switcheda my kindle to sleep mode, then I wake it and it asked for the password, I typed: resetmykindle and it reset to factory defaults!
I had the exact same problem, my WiFi on my Kindle 3 (now called Kindle Keyboard), firmware 3.0.1 stopped working. I tried your trick and it worked. Thanks a million.

However, the backside was that all my books were erased from the device. :-(
Since I send everything to my Kindle via my gmail I have it all in the archived mail, but I'm writing this as a warning to those who do not...

Also the screen saver hack and keyboard hack that I used are also gone.
larsr is offline   Reply With Quote