Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-11-2011, 06:44 PM   #1
Mkoenig
Mkoenig began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Kindle book Conversion/DRM error help

I am a newbie to this but I have spent hours trying to figure it out and read the blogs that are referenced here. I need to convert my purchased Amazon books, downloaded onto my Mac via Kindle for Mac to be used in iBooks for my iPad. Yes, books I have purchased, and only books I have purchased. I have installed Calibre, downloaded the Tools and installed all of the Plugins, via the directions. It gives me an error in Calibre when I add the AZW book. Then of course, once it is in Calibre and I select Convert, it says I can't because of DRM. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Calibre and the plugins, without success. I then tried using the DeDRM script (ver. 2.6) (without Calibre). It gives me the following error:

B0037714WG_EBOK.azw couldn't be decoded:
K4MobiDeDrm v2.8 provided by the work of many including DiapDealer, SomeUpdates, IHeartCabbages, CMBDTC, Skindle, DarkReverser, ApprenticeAlf, etc .

MOBI header version = 6, length = 232
Extra Data Flags = 7
Processing Book: Undefiled: Redemption From Sexual Sin, Restoration for Broken Relationships
Crypto Type is: 2
Error: No key found. Most likely the correct PID has not been given.
DRM Removal Failed.

Any suggestions? If this is the wrong place to ask, please direct me to the right place. Thanks,
Marc
Mkoenig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 06:53 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Please ask in the comments section of Alf's Blog. There's only one post that has comments turned on. Explicit directions are against the rules here.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 04-11-2011, 07:04 PM   #3
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Wouldn't it be easier to just install the Kindle app on the iPad?
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:25 PM   #4
Mkoenig

Susan. Yes, it would. There is a reason don't want the Kindle app installed on this device. A personal reason. I would explain, but it would probably results in unwanted comments and observations.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:26 PM   #5
KevinH
Guru
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi,

As DiapDealer said, the best place to get help with this is the ApprenticeAlf blog.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:30 PM   #6
Mkoenig

DiapDialer, thank you. I have now done so. I apologize if this was this inappropriate venue.
Thanks,
Marc
Old 04-25-2011, 01:57 PM   #7
tocoty
tocoty began at the beginning.

Device: none
anyone, please .. where can i find apprenticealfs blog ???
thanks so much
tocoty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:07 PM   #8
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Just Google

Apprentice Alf blog

and you will see it
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:17 AM   #9
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
tocoty

Welcome to Mobileread .....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote