Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-07-2011, 08:54 PM   #1
iridius
Connoisseur
iridius began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, iPhone (to get Dell Streak & iPad)
Read metadata from file contents AND filename, or at least compare the two.

Is there any way to see what the results of reading metadata from file contents would be and comparing it to what results of reading metadata from file name would be before importing a file into calibre? I think sometimes one would be better than the other, but I don't see an option to compare the two.
iridius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:36 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: Cybook Gen3
There is no such option, and there is no way I know of to do what you want directly. You could first read the metadata from the filename and later read the metadata from file content via the edit metadata dialog, but that will overwrite your current metadata (you'll lose the changes if you cancel the dialog, but still...).
If you can figure out a way to do this without popping up a dialog asking which set of metadata to use on every import, which would be very annoying if you ask me, you might want to consider an enhancement request.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 04-08-2011, 04:00 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7
To see what you will get using the filename go to Preferences - Adding books and plug the file name into the test window.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote