Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-19-2011, 08:30 AM   #16
SAPO
SAPO began at the beginning.

Device: Pockebook IQ 701
Pocketbook IQ - Problems reading external SD Card

Hi All

I have a problem with my Pocket book IQ with the external SD Card. The reader is not working. I tried several SD Cards (Sandisk & Kingston v 4.0), including buying a new one and all of them work in my PC or lap top but the reader. This is vital because w/o SD Card I can't enjoy read my pdf books or listen my music or podcasts and that doesn't make sense.

I started noticing problems since I bought the device like it didn't recognizing the names of the files. I didn't give so much importance to that since I could still open them or listen to them.

But a week ago something really weird start happening and it is that the file manager lists the files in my SD Card then I open one of them I read or play but when I finish and want to open other file, the file manager says the SD Card is blank or empty and poof all the listed directory of files is gone. I've tried putting in and out the SD Card but still the same "blank" message. I even tried to format SD Card but when I go to my PC the files are still there and mp3 or pdf files open in my PC or Lap top.

Bottom line, something is going on with the SD Card reader and without it I don't need this reader.

I will appreciate all the advice you can provide me meaning for example if my sd card is properly formatted for this device, maybe the ways I am transferring the files from my pc to the sd card are incorrect (never used ubs cable - but when I connect it to the pc I can see only the internal memory, never the external and I've followed your steps in this thread)
It seems that the reader doesn't want to format or read and the sd card can be read by my lap top or pc.

Regards

SAPO
SAPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:37 AM   #17
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Hi, SD card should be formatted FAT32, but I think you have that, as it's sometimes seen by the device.
What you have sems to be either a hardware problem, or -more likely- a firmware problem with not recognized drivers.
My suggestion would be to reflash the firmware from scratch, i.e. beginnig with

dealerupdate091210_EU.zip

then 2.0.6,

finally 2.1.1 (if you like)

the dealerupdate will clean the system completely, and 2.0.6 is necessary as a base for 2.1.0 / 1

All three versions can be found on PB support-page

Regards,Troll

Last edited by troll05; 07-19-2011 at 12:00 PM.
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2011, 03:46 PM   #18
Tytonegro
Tytonegro began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook IQ
Hi Sapo,
I have more or less given up on my SD card blues. At the moment I have an old Lexar, Speed class 2, External SD-HC card of 4 GB capacity and the original 2 GB internal one. That works fine.
In my opinion/experiece, the IQ aparently destroys SD cards, whatever way: bad power supply, bad internal timing or ...

As I told above I tried 2 times a 4 GB class6 cards of Transcend, both were wrecked.

All my docs are on the external card. With Android 2.0.6 you ave plenty of space to install whatever you want on the internal card.

A good designed operating system (haha!) can check the speed class of the card and adapt it's Read/Write speed to it.
Just suppose the IQ does this ;-)

-- You install a class 6 card, then the IQ uses high speed transfers, but maybe to fast for the rest of the hardware.... poof... problems with the card.

You (read : I ) installed a class 2 card, the IQ uses low speed transfers, but the rest of the hadware keeps up wit this speed..

How does that sound ?

Of course I'm just guessing.

All the best. Tom
Tytonegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:12 PM   #19
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
I tried about 5-6 different cards, in various speed and GB combinations,and all of them worked nearly flawless. Occasionally I had to reinsert them a second time if the process wasn't smooth enough the first time (when IQ running), but none of them got destroyed or corrupted
But since using Link2SD I found out it's better never to remove the external card, because this will break the link to all apps which have to be reinstalled then
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bugs, library, pb iq, problems, sd card