Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-07-2011, 05:55 PM   #16
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, KT, PB701/IQ, K2, PB360, BeBook One, Axim51v, TC1000
Check the settings page.
The default is to have the global settings override the app settings.
Which, since only one app uses tts is... ???
fjtorres is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 08:25 AM   #17
pippopelo
Connoisseur
pippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enough

Device: Pocketbook IQ701, HTC Wildfire, Zenithink ZT-280 C-91
New update to firmware 2.06.

Can you prepare the files to enable market in 2.06?

thank's in advance
pippopelo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:42 AM   #18
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
Yep, I will make a 2.06 version whenever my firmware download finishes... The download is incredibly slow!
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:37 PM   #19
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by tselling View Post
Yep, I will make a 2.06 version whenever my firmware download finishes... The download is incredibly slow!
That's is the worst service that PB is using to host their firmwares.
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 05:56 PM   #20
pippopelo
Connoisseur
pippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tselling View Post
Thank's
Old 04-09-2011, 12:28 AM   #21
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

You can use the same InstallMarketMarketOnly flash file for version 2.0.6. I uploaded a new RestoreFramework zip file for 2.0.6. Not sure if the framework changed from 2.0.5 to 2.0.6... but its there to be on the safe side.

All the files are in the folder here: http://www.mediafire.com/?46nnv0ycrdc01
Old 04-09-2011, 10:29 AM   #22
bellak
bellak began at the beginning.

Device: iq
It works!!! Awesome! Thanks a million )
bellak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:00 AM   #23
tselling
Addict

I was having a problem with not seeing many apps in the Market. I modified the build.prop fingerprint to look like a Samsung Galaxy Tab. Now I see a ton more apps. Anyway if you have the missing apps problem, you can download the new RestoreFramework206....zip that has the new build.prop in it (and wont reinstall the whole market)... or you can reinstall the market InstallMarketOnly...zip also has the new build.prop (and after you'll have to Restore the original framwork again).
Old 05-14-2011, 03:11 AM   #24
pippopelo
Connoisseur

After installed the market, I have a problem with SuperUser, when I try to add a new apps with root permission SuperUser crash.
I have to edit the file build.prop with root explorer and change SDK=7 with SDK=5, restart, add root permission to new app and then restore build.prop to SDK=7 then restart.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:52 AM   #25
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by pippopelo View Post
After installed the market, I have a problem with SuperUser, when I try to add a new apps with root permission SuperUser crash.
I have to edit the file build.prop with root explorer and change SDK=7 with SDK=5, restart, add root permission to new app and then restore build.prop to SDK=7 then restart.
What root method did you use?
Icewyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:42 PM   #26
ebookof
Enthusiast
ebookof began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
Non Ugly Market Install Works Great

Hi,

The Non-ugly market install for 2.0.6 using InstallMarketOnly_PB701SWUPDATE.zip works great and is very easy to use.

My only problem now is to get more room for apps. The system indicates I have only 70MB for apps, which has been quickly filled. I try removing apps, but it seems I only recover part of the size of the application deleted. As a result, I have less and less space for applications.

Since I already have Android Market, what is the simplest way to add the use of apps from the external SD card, taking into account I have the 2.0.6 firmware? This is all I am interested to do. No other tweaking needed.

Frank
ebookof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:04 PM   #27
pippopelo
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icewyng View Post
What root method did you use?
This metod:
http://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Pocketbook_IQ_701

Section HOW TO ROOT
Old 05-21-2011, 02:20 PM   #28
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Hi, everytime I try to install an app following the instructions in post #2 my browser crashes. Any idea what to do? I already changed the date (1st time tomorrow, 2nd try yesterday, but no help)
troll05 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:52 AM   #29
ebookof
Enthusiast

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pippopelo View Post
I have used the second method in the Non-Ugly Method to add AndroidMarket (http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=128178 ; i.e. adb not used). AndroidMarket works perfectly.

After that, since I had little space, I wanted to add a2sd and have tried to root the Pocketbook IQ following the directions given at: http://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Pocketbook_IQ_701 .

When the Pocketbook IQ restarts, I have the SuperUser icon. However, it seems to be very unstable. When I open Z4Root or Root Check or Root Explorer, SuperUser crashes. Root Check indicates (after Superuser crashes) that the device is not rooted, but that Busybox is properly installed.

When I start Z4Root, it first only gives me the options to root temporarily or permanently. Only after approximately 10 seconds does it show the option to un-root. I have un-rooted and re-rooted, but with no better success. The issues are still the same.

What is wrong here? Am I unable to root the device because I used first the non-ugly method to add Android Market? Or is it another issue.

In addition to Busybox (v. 1.17.2), it is indicated that I have version 2.3.6.1 of Superuser (database version 5) and Su binary v2.3.1 -ef.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Thank you.

Last edited by ebookof; 05-22-2011 at 10:10 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:22 PM   #30
ebookof
Enthusiast

I was finally able to solve all the issues mentioned above thanks to the solution given by troll05 in the thread below, which is probably the easiest way to root the IQ, add a2sd functionality, as well as install Android market:

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...116736&page=10

I am just not sure if flashing the restore framework (same as for the non-ugly market install) worked out (I did not see the Android scroll bar), but it does not seem to cause any issue for now.

Is there any way to check if restore framework was properly installed? Are there any negative consequences if it did not work out?

Thank you.