Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-02-2011, 09:59 AM   #1
styt
Junior Member
styt began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 2
Karma: 10
Join Date: Apr 2011
Device: Kindle
LRF conversion fails (to mobi)

Several books in .lrf format fail while converting to .mobi. The conversions justs stops after several minutes during "Generating XML" with no further error message. I have tried different output formats as well with the same result. 7 books out of 18 fails with the same error and the rest are successful. I can open all of them successfully with the viewer inside calibre.

Thanks
styt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 10:37 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
DoctorOhh's Avatar
 
Posts: 8,770
Karma: 12516053
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Carolina
Device: Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by styt View Post
Several books in .lrf format fail while converting to .mobi. The conversions justs stops after several minutes during "Generating XML" with no further error message.
You're going to have to provide the job details log. Typically if a error message wasn't generated that means the conversion is still being processed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by styt View Post
I have tried different output formats as well with the same result.
If a book is going to take a long time to convert it won't make much difference which output you choose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by styt View Post
7 books out of 18 fails with the same error and the rest are successful. I can open all of them successfully with the viewer inside calibre.
I thought you indicated above that there was no generated error? You can open the original LRF file? I think you have to let the conversion continue.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Enthusiast
Old 04-02-2011, 10:53 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
kovidgoyal's Avatar
 
Posts: 25,380
Karma: 4961459
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mumbai, India
Device: Various
calibre's LRF input plugin only handles a very limited subset of LRF books, books that were created by calibre and that don't use too many levels of recursion internally. That's not going to change as LRF is a dead format and I have no motivation to spend more time on it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 03:19 PM   #4
styt
Junior Member
styt began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 2
Karma: 10
Join Date: Apr 2011
Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
You're going to have to provide the job details log. Typically if a error message wasn't generated that means the conversion is still being processed.
I have attached my log files. The conversion stops but no error is written to the log file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
If a book is going to take a long time to convert it won't make much difference which output you choose.
I tried several outputs just make sure the .mobi was not the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
I thought you indicated above that there was no generated error? You can open the original LRF file? I think you have to let the conversion continue.
I can open the lrf file in the viewer. Calibre prompts that the conversion fails but nothing more even if I run in debug mode. See attached file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
calibre's LRF input plugin only handles a very limited subset of LRF books, books that were created by calibre and that don't use too many levels of recursion internally. That's not going to change as LRF is a dead format and I have no motivation to spend more time on it.
I am not sure what this means. I have a bunch, 17 files and 7 fails and 10 i successful but how can I tell the difference between the files?

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: txt tmpfyropj.txt (5.8 KB, 62 views)
File Type: rtf ErrorMessage.rtf (373.6 KB, 82 views)
File Type: txt ErrorLog.txt (2.7 KB, 52 views)
styt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 07:18 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
DoctorOhh's Avatar
 
Posts: 8,770
Karma: 12516053
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Carolina
Device: Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by styt View Post
I have attached my log files. The conversion stops but no error is written to the log file.
Thanks for showing us the logs. Definitely a failure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by styt View Post
I am not sure what this means.
This means if the lrf file was created by calibre (say from any other format) then the current version of calibre will convert the book. If the lrf was created by Book Designer or other application then there is no guarantee that calibre will convert the file.

The reason for this is due to calibre being geared, through version 0.5.??, to convert files to lrf in support of Sony readers, not to other versions. With 0.6 LRF was retired by Sony and calibre looked forward to other formats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by styt View Post
I have a bunch, 17 files and 7 fails and 10 i successful but how can I tell the difference between the files?
I don't know of any way to tell, except to say anything that fails wasn't created by calibre. Best bet is to find another source for your failed conversions.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 04-02-2011 at 07:21 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
lrf, mobi, mobi conversion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HTML to Mobi conversion fails gilbert1111 Calibre 5 01-14-2011 10:23 AM
Can't convert MOBI to EPUB.. conversion FAILS wallace.webmail Calibre 5 07-16-2010 12:45 AM
MOBI to LRF: Conversion troubles with Calibre alaouet Calibre 11 02-10-2010 06:27 AM
TOC no longer works after Mobi -> LRF conversion... rroberrto Calibre 3 07-07-2009 01:22 AM
Conversion from Mobi to LRF error jessie102 Calibre 2 08-16-2008 12:00 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:58 PM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.