Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-29-2011, 03:40 PM   #1
RJMcDonnell
Enthusiast
RJMcDonnell can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.RJMcDonnell can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.RJMcDonnell can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.RJMcDonnell can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.RJMcDonnell can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.RJMcDonnell can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.RJMcDonnell can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.RJMcDonnell can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.RJMcDonnell can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.RJMcDonnell can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.RJMcDonnell can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle
A Music Lover's Mystery, "Rock & Roll Homicide"

Rock & Roll Homicide is the first novel in my Rock & Roll Mystery Series. I’ve included a brief description followed by a few reviews.

Just as the rock band, Doberman’s Stub, was about to reach stadium tour status, its leader was brutally murdered when his headphones exploded during a recording session. The widow, who inherits $5 million, is the San Diego Police Department’s number one suspect. She hires Jason Duffy, a 27-year-old PI in his first year of private practice, in spite of his background as a former musician.

Jason learns that the victim was also a very skilled contract negotiator, who was in the middle of an acrimonious renegotiation with the record company at the time of his death. He also finds that the record company has a very unhealthy tie to the Russian Mafia.
As an inexperienced detective, Jason does not yet have the contacts within the police department to gather vital information. He is forced to mend fences with his estranged father, an opinionated ex-SDPD detective.

While Jason investigates the record company, he also takes a close look at the three surviving members of the victim’s band. One is an alcoholic/drug addict drummer, on the verge of being kicked out of the group. The second is a bass player who camouflages his rock star status by living in an ordinary house in a lower middle-class neighborhood. Third is a lead guitarist and writer of half of the band’s songs, who lives well beyond his means.
Jason has not yet become hardened to the very real dangers of his new profession. We experience his inner conflict as his girlfriend, staff, and family are drawn into the danger zone.

After Jason’s part-time employee is severely beaten during a stakeout, he sells the story of the Russian Mafia’s involvement in the record business to a tabloid journalism TV show in a misguided effort to protect his employer and coworker. This serves to drive the case to new heights of danger and suspense.

Jason goes behind the industry veneer of sex & drugs & hedonistic lifestyles. He shows us how the 21st Century world of downloads, file sharing, and image demographics need to be considered in a case of Rock & Roll Homicide.

Reviews:

“A brilliantly written tale of sex, drugs, rock & roll, and the Mob. Rock & Roll Homicide is highly recommended for community library collections.” – Midwest Book Review

“Rock & Roll Homicide is a fast-paced, deeply twisted, and hilarious story that will have readers salivating for more …” – Apex Reviews

“RJ McDonnell’s enjoyable style is somewhere between Carl Hiaasen’s in Basket Case and Michael Connelly’s in Chasing the Dime. – BookPleasures.com

“Wonderful character development. – Armchair Interviews Book Review
RJMcDonnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 02:40 PM   #2
RJMcDonnell
Enthusiast
RJMcDonnell can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.RJMcDonnell can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.RJMcDonnell can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.RJMcDonnell can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.RJMcDonnell can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.RJMcDonnell can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.RJMcDonnell can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.RJMcDonnell can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.RJMcDonnell can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.RJMcDonnell can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.RJMcDonnell can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Kindle Best Seller List

Thanks to everyone who helped Rock & Roll Homicide make it to #52 on the Kindle Best Seller List two weeks ago.
Old 05-07-2011, 05:15 PM   #3
basschick
Guru
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen 3, Kindle 3 WiFi, iPod Touch with Stanza
congrats!

but i was hoping this was an announcement that book #3 was available.
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:55 PM   #4
RJMcDonnell
Enthusiast

I’m the guest blogger on the Barnes & Noble Mystery Forum today. The blog is called, “Cops & Rockers.” I talk about how the son of a police detective came to write the Rock & Roll Mystery Series. You’ll have to scroll through my bio and descriptions of my two novels to read the half-page blog. Please leave a comment if you have the time. http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/...t/false#M37952
Old 05-19-2011, 08:36 PM   #5
basschick
Guru
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

commented. interesting stuff - your background definitely explains how your books came into being. so sorry to hear about about your wrist.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:30 PM   #6
RJMcDonnell
Enthusiast

Thanks, Basschick. My wrist has finally come back to the point where I can play a 12 song set at my bookstore signings and library appearances. I usually spend a few minutes talking about a character, then play a song that relates to that character. My audience gets to learn a bit about my Rock & Roll Mystery Series, and my wrist gets a little break in between songs.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:30 AM   #7
basschick
Guru

how cool is that - i'm a sucker for fellow musicians. do you ever get to l.a.?

i'm just coming back from a torn rotator cuff. still can't play heavy basses or large acoustic guitars, but can play again, and that's what counts!
Old 05-27-2011, 11:33 AM   #8
RJMcDonnell
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by basschick View Post
how cool is that - i'm a sucker for fellow musicians. do you ever get to l.a.?

i'm just coming back from a torn rotator cuff. still can't play heavy basses or large acoustic guitars, but can play again, and that's what counts!
I'm on the east coast right now, but still have family and friends in San Diego. I occasionally head north when I'm out for a visit (mainly for concerts).

Be sure to completely finish your rotator cuff physical therapy. I have a friend who stopped after it started feeling better. the injury came back on him much worse a few years later. His Dr. said it's common among rotator cuff patients who stop the rehab too soon.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:26 AM   #9
basschick
Guru

i'm still at it, and won't be playing any more dreads, probably ever. right now, i've just worked my way back up to a martin-sized 0 guitar.

sounds interesting, and i'm really looking forward to reading it... although not sure i've ever heard a murderer referred to as "bright" before - fiendishly clever, perhaps

i would have thought money would be out of copyright.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:35 AM   #10
basschick
Guru

sooo... july is almost over. any word on that copyright issue?
Old 08-05-2011, 08:55 AM   #11
RJMcDonnell
Enthusiast

The release of The Concert Killer has been delayed a few weeks because of a unique opportunity that will spread the word about the book on a much larger scale. Personally, I find it difficult to wait. But, if it means reaching a much larger group of people who are into rocking & reading I'll just have to bide my time. Thanks for checking in, Basschick.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:04 PM   #12
RJMcDonnell
Enthusiast

I wrote an original song that serves as soundtrack for my novel's trailer. I do the vocals and perform on acoustic guitar. On lead guitar is Robbie Walsh, who toured extensively with Noel Redding of The Jimi Hendrix Experience. Let me know what you think. http://tiny.cc/flupz
Old 09-10-2011, 03:40 AM   #13
basschick
Guru

hey, thanks. that's nice stuff - i enjoyed it
Old 02-03-2012, 04:58 PM   #14
RJMcDonnell
Enthusiast

If you’ve been thinking about reading one of my Rock & Roll Mystery Series novels, here’s a great reason to do it now. For the first time ever, one of my book is being offered as a free download in the Amazon Kindle Store. The novel will be free today, tomorrow and Sunday then goes back to its regular price of $2.99 on Monday.

Rock & Roll Homicide is the first novel in my series. It’s about the murder of an emerging rock star. Most of the suspects are band mates or affiliated with the recording company. My private investigator, Jason Duffy, worked as a club musician before becoming a detective.

The novel was recently featured on Digital Book Today for having an extremely high reader review rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars. As of 9:30 this morning it was ranked #1 on Kindle/Music and is currently #3 in Hardboiled. If you get a chance to read it please let me know.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:27 AM   #15
RJMcDonnell
Enthusiast

Rock & Roll Homicide is currently ranked the #4 Mystery on Kindle, and #30 Fiction novel. It's now in the second day of a two day FREE offering. Yesterday, over 5000 people downloaded it. If you'd like a free copy of the 1st novel in the Rock & Roll Mystery Series click here: http://tiny.cc/des64