Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-28-2011, 05:38 PM   #1
wagedomain
wagedomain is a glorious beacon of lightwagedomain is a glorious beacon of lightwagedomain is a glorious beacon of lightwagedomain is a glorious beacon of lightwagedomain is a glorious beacon of lightwagedomain is a glorious beacon of lightwagedomain is a glorious beacon of lightwagedomain is a glorious beacon of lightwagedomain is a glorious beacon of lightwagedomain is a glorious beacon of lightwagedomain is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle
Greetings from Boston

Hello, been lurking a little bit and decided to register and post.

I'm a reader and writer from the Boston area, British ex-pat living in the States since I was a little kid. Raised in Michigan, moved to Boston post-college.

I love reading interesting science fiction, and fantasy, although I have extremely high standards for fantasy books.

I also used to run the writing community "The Writer's Circle" several years ago. It was a community for writers to post their works either for review or just to share, comment, review, etc. Grew to be a couple thousand members before I had to shut it down. Long story, but the site was supported through AdWords and Google accused me of fraud because I said "support the site" in an announcement. Took all my AdWords money and said I couldn't appeal. Site had to shut down unexpectedly.

I wrote a novel several years ago that was almost published. I say almost... it went to several agents, and I got several handwritten notes back. The problem seemed to be that the genre was hard to place. A small publisher almost took me on, but it came down to the three owners to vote, and it had to be unanimous. Unfortunately, I got two votes.

I ended up self-publishing on Kindle, but I'm not an experienced marketer so it's just kind of been sitting there doing nothing.

Love my Kindle, too, although lately I've noticed my Xoom and Evo are my go-to reading devices, despite the awesomeness of e-ink screens.
wagedomain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:19 PM   #2
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Welcome to MobileRead.
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 03-28-2011, 07:26 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone 5, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi wagedomain and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:27 PM   #4
GA Russell
Calgary wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook Lite, Kindle 4
Welcome wagedomain! My aunt lives in Chelsea.
GA Russell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:23 PM   #5
wagedomain
wagedomain is a glorious beacon of lightwagedomain is a glorious beacon of lightwagedomain is a glorious beacon of lightwagedomain is a glorious beacon of lightwagedomain is a glorious beacon of lightwagedomain is a glorious beacon of lightwagedomain is a glorious beacon of lightwagedomain is a glorious beacon of lightwagedomain is a glorious beacon of lightwagedomain is a glorious beacon of lightwagedomain is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Welcome wagedomain! My aunt lives in Chelsea.
Haven't been to Chelsea myself, I live in Framingham. It's not very nice here. Kind of a bad area.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:13 PM   #6
mountain_lion
Addict
mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: fbreader, Kindle
Welcome to MR.
mountain_lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:32 AM   #7
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to Mobileread....

Have you seen the Author Self-Promotion Forum ... and also the Writers' Corner ... Just two of the many gems we have on board ...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:23 AM   #8
wagedomain

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post

Welcome to Mobileread....

Have you seen the Author Self-Promotion Forum ... and also the Writers' Corner ... Just two of the many gems we have on board ...
Thanks for the recommendation! Just wrote a quick self-promotion in the big thread, and checking out the other forums as I go. Nice to talk about books with people. I have.... weird taste that makes it tough to chat with the average person. I guess I have high standards and most people just love pop-books and don't get why I don't like them.