Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-31-2007, 10:18 PM   #46
Colt
Comrade Rising
Colt began at the beginning.

Location: Empire of Alaska, Occupied Florida, Territory Command
Device: Currently Pulp
I've known about electronic ink for a long time both in science-fiction and real life applications but I didn't know it had advanced to consumer products at all... That is until I picked up the August 2006 issue of Popular Science and was paging through it and simply... Stopped... Dead. There it was, nice and sleek, page 17. It seemed just the thing for me since the only thing really keeping me away from electronic readers before was that they consumed a lot of power, hard to see screens, proprietary software and formatting, etc...

A friend and I, one of those friends you can really discuss things with, were chatting about some heavy Oxford texts he had on hand and I commented that I really wish I had an reader to handle them, he exclaimed he was thinking that as well. So we both went out looking for information, I dug through the pile of Popular Science magazines and now the magazine is permanently folded open to page 17 and I think I have the blurb about it memorized. - Colt
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:35 PM   #47
jamesdmanley
Groupie
jamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-books

Device: prs-500
i think i first read about the sony reader in a popular science mag
jamesdmanley is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 09-11-2007, 07:40 PM   #48
gingercat
Connoisseur
gingercat began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
I first heard about the Sony Reader here on Mobileread & ordered it. Had read about the Iliad somewhere else but don't remember where.
same 4 me but I then gave the Sony to my wife and ordered an iliad
gingercat is offline   Reply With Quote