Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-01-2011, 07:02 PM   #1
roc
Enthusiast
roc is on a distinguished road

Device: Dell Streak 5, Archos 80, Sony 950, Linux/X86 droid, OLPC XO, cbgs
Scam? "Users that has not logged In but Activated!" - Sony Reader Forum

This was in an email I just got. Broken English, email address of sender @gmail.com, link to totally non-Sony site - all suggest a scam to trick people into downloading malware to me.

It seems similar to another one also relating to a Sony Reader-focused site as I recall. That was several weeks ago I think, and I deleted that one.

I wonder if some bots are picking up emails from sites like this. Have any others seen this?

Last edited by roc; 04-01-2011 at 07:51 PM.
roc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 07:53 PM   #2
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
No I haven't. And I'm on the Sony Reader Forum.
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 06:20 AM   #3
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Aura
Nope. Hear it for the first time, too.
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote