Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-19-2009, 05:08 PM   #121
ould
Connoisseur
ould has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ould has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ould has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ould has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500
The Didymus Contigency by Jeremy Robinson, I am not much for religion type stuff normally but I thoroughly enjoyed this. No idea if it is available as an E-book though, I own the TPB.
ould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:14 PM   #122
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone 5, Sony T1, iPad 3
You might try The Accidental Time Machine by Haldeman. Haven't read it yet but it's on my wish list. Here's the synopsis

Grad- school dropout Matt Fuller is toiling as a lowly research assistant at MIT when he inadvertently creates a time machine. With a dead-end job and a girlfriend who left him for another man, Matt has nothing to lose in taking a time-machine trip himself--or so he thinks.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:17 PM   #123
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone 5, Sony T1, iPad 3
I can also second slayda's recommendation on 1632. Although the time travel takes place in the first chapter. It's a very interesting read and, at least at one time, it was a freebie.

I understand Flint wrote this as a one off, but it was so popular, he's written several more in the series.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:18 PM   #124
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby plays well with othersAndybaby plays well with othersAndybaby plays well with othersAndybaby plays well with othersAndybaby plays well with othersAndybaby plays well with othersAndybaby plays well with othersAndybaby plays well with othersAndybaby plays well with othersAndybaby plays well with othersAndybaby plays well with others

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
You might try The Accidental Time Machine by Haldeman. Haven't read it yet but it's on my wish list. Here's the synopsis

Grad- school dropout Matt Fuller is toiling as a lowly research assistant at MIT when he inadvertently creates a time machine. With a dead-end job and a girlfriend who left him for another man, Matt has nothing to lose in taking a time-machine trip himself--or so he thinks.
I actually came to this thread right now to suggest just that book.

I have read it, it was actually my first Haldeman. I absolutely loved it and i have read many of his other novels. not the best book I have read by him, http://www.librarything.com/catalog....earch=haldeman , but one of the better books i have read.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:34 PM   #125
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
I can also second slayda's recommendation on 1632. Although the time travel takes place in the first chapter. It's a very interesting read and, at least at one time, it was a freebie.

I understand Flint wrote this as a one off, but it was so popular, he's written several more in the series.
That is an exceptional understatement. There are I believe 7 novels, as well as 21 anthology collections set in that universe.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote