Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 03-24-2011, 05:09 PM   #1
demingite
Connoisseur
demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro (gifted), Ectaco Jetbook Lite
Question Losing settings on JBL when changing batteries

My JBL works great, except that when I change the batteries, it loses my place in the book, and also my recent bookmarks. Does anyone else have this problem?
demingite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 05:25 PM   #2
GA Russell
Stampeders clinch first!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook Lite, Kindle 4
I had the problem once not long ago of it not remembering the last place of the book I was reading when the batteries went dead. It was my guess that the problem is not a result of my changing the batteries but rather my allowing them to go dead.

As a result, the last couple of times I have changed the batteries when the meter goes down to two bars, after first closing all the books and returning to the home page. No problems with that method.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 03-24-2011, 08:39 PM   #3
demingite
Connoisseur
demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I thought that was the problem at first, because the first time it happened my batteries had died. Since then I have been careful to swap out the batteries before they died, but I still lose my settings. Oddly, my recent readings list seems to revert to a time before the previous battery change.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:55 PM   #4
Catlady
Wizard
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook Lite, Libre Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by demingite View Post
I thought that was the problem at first, because the first time it happened my batteries had died. Since then I have been careful to swap out the batteries before they died, but I still lose my settings. Oddly, my recent readings list seems to revert to a time before the previous battery change.
That just happened to my recent reading list too, when I changed completely dead batteries--odd is right! I was between books on the JBL, so that seemed to be the only change.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:58 PM   #5
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ngrant once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ngrant once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ngrant once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ngrant once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ngrant once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ngrant once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ngrant once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ngrant once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ngrant once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ngrant once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle Fire, Sony PRS-350, iPad Mini, Nook Touch
If it's not inconvenient at the time, I connect my JBL to my laptop with the USB cord while I change batteries, and no settings are lost. But even if my last place is not in Recent Readings, if I open the book I was last reading, the device remembers my place in it... so not a problem for me.
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:21 AM   #6
demingite
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngrant View Post
If it's not inconvenient at the time, I connect my JBL to my laptop with the USB cord while I change batteries, and no settings are lost.
I will try that technique next time. After I swap batteries, I have to start it up from scratch, like turning it on for the first time.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:36 PM   #7
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
I do as ngrant does, hook it up to the usb cord to swap out battery's.

For one it starts booting up when I do that, saves me some boot time.

As to the recent readings list, (and bookmarks list) I suspect its loading a previous version saved in internal memory, but one of the tech guru's can probably explain better than I.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote