Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 01:26 PM   #16
casperpearl
Enthusiast
casperpearl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!casperpearl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!casperpearl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!casperpearl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!casperpearl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!casperpearl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!casperpearl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!casperpearl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!casperpearl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!casperpearl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!casperpearl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadioflex View Post
Naw, I'm all about the innuendo, as the Italians would say.
As long as we're not talking about Jersey Shore folk, okay
Old 05-14-2011, 12:16 PM   #17
casperpearl
Enthusiast
casperpearl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!casperpearl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!casperpearl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!casperpearl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!casperpearl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!casperpearl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!casperpearl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!casperpearl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!casperpearl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!casperpearl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!casperpearl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Just a reminder, there's a month left before the deadline.
Advert
Old 05-21-2011, 04:39 AM   #18
Krinks
Krinks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 & MobiPocket Reader
Does the Memory Eater company have a name? I was thinking of MemCorp. or The Mnemosyne Corporation. A Memory Eater is a product/service that they provide, along with others, such as memory storage or protection, entertainment products (similar to in Strange Days) and other branches.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:03 AM   #19
casperpearl
Enthusiast

Hey Krinks. Either of those names will do. I've told people to think of the Memory Eater as a computer, especially since it will evolve depending on the point in time each author chooses.

Hope that helps.

Good luck with your story
Old 05-21-2011, 04:23 PM   #20
Krinks
Krinks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 & MobiPocket Reader
Thanks Casper, I'm going with SynapTECH (if anyone feels like using it, be my guest). BTW, I was looking on your site, and took up one of the story ideas that hadn't (hopefully) been submitted. I'm going with the "deleted deceased loved-one" idea. As it happens, I've been watching episodes of the original Twilight Zone, and it kind of inspired the feel and ending of the story.

Looking at the other ideas, I noticed that one was a killer having memory of his crimes erased. There is an AMAZING episode of Babylon 5 called "Passing Through Gethsemane" dealing with exactly that theme. It's a stunning episode if you can get a look at it on DVD.

Back on topic, thanks for the extra time to write, and the premise is VERY interesting. It stirred up a lot of ideas for me. Looking forward to it and a second volume eventually.

Last edited by Krinks; 05-21-2011 at 07:49 PM.
Advert
Old 05-23-2011, 03:02 PM   #21
casperpearl
Enthusiast

I just wanted to let everyone know that the deadline has been extended to July 15th.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:00 AM   #22
casperpearl
Enthusiast

I posted a progress report on my blog, so check it out if you want to see how things are coming along!
Old 06-13-2011, 08:49 AM   #23
casperpearl
Enthusiast

There's about a month before the deadline!
Old 06-20-2011, 01:45 PM   #24
casperpearl
Enthusiast

There are just three weeks left until the deadline. Also, if you don't know, the stories are going to be illustrated.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:36 AM   #25
casperpearl
Enthusiast

Approaching two weeks left!
Old 07-12-2011, 01:45 PM   #26
casperpearl
Enthusiast

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am now accepting submissions until I fill the book. I am also in the process of pitching this idea to a publisher. For more information, check out my latest blog post at anthologies2011.blogspot.com.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:43 AM   #27
shadaik
shadaik began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G
Hi!

Does that mean past 07-15 and do you have a rough estimate when this might be?

I always like this kind of contests and given some mroe time, I would still make a story from this idea I had for the anthology.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:01 AM   #28
casperpearl
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadaik View Post
Hi!

Does that mean past 07-15 and do you have a rough estimate when this might be?

I always like this kind of contests and given some mroe time, I would still make a story from this idea I had for the anthology.
Hey Shadaik, that does mean I'm still accepting entries. Until when though, I'm not sure. When I put up a blog post for last call, that means writers will have two weeks to get their submissions in.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:47 AM   #29
casperpearl
Enthusiast

I'm still looking for 2-3 more artists to illustrate stories. Feel free to email me if you are or know of one.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:20 PM   #30
casperpearl
Enthusiast

It’s here. Authors have exactly two weeks from today to finish writing/editing and submit their entries. This makes the final deadline September 12th. That means we’re playing a video game with zero lives, only the lives are extensions.
Closed Thread

Tags
anthology, author, contest, publish, write