Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 05-05-2011, 03:23 PM   #61
Last_of_the_PEs
Groupie
Last_of_the_PEs began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage PE
I'm sure a lot of good folks at Entourage put a lot of time into getting Froyo as far as it is on the Edge(s). It's a small industry -- you work with the same folks over and over. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. But flushing hundreds of hours of peoples' time down the john is not a good move if it can be avoided.
The best thing would be for the Beta to be really stable and be released by the company. Otherwise, hopefully enough of the inner-info on the units will leak out and the team will complete the work independently after the lights go out.
If Entourage can find a buyer, maybe they will retain the same team and finish the job.
Last_of_the_PEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:31 PM   #62
Serena
Zealot
Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7", Pocket eDGe, Sony PRS350
Oh no! I just bought one of the Woot deals, I hope they keep the website up long enough for me to download the Ermine update!
Serena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 04:09 PM   #63
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Galaxy Note, Asus Eee Note EA800, enTourage eDGe EE, Nokia N810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena View Post
Oh no! I just bought one of the Woot deals, I hope they keep the website up long enough for me to download the Ermine update!
I'm sure they will. They must know that their stock is being sold off, and that new purchasers need a change to register their devices, get the upgrade etc.

If they were going to go off the air while devices were still selling, I'm sure they would have done it by now! My guess is they at least wait until none of the official resellers have any stock left. If they're still letting us go nuts in the forum, there's no reason to shut down the rest of the website.
sarah11918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 05:00 PM   #64
Last_of_the_PEs
Groupie
Last_of_the_PEs began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage PE
I also bought the Woot deal. I agree, that upgrade will be the last thing to turn off, and elsewhere on this site you can find links to older "update.zip"s and the manual loader, so our PE units might be orphaned, but not hopeless. The thing's also been 'rooted', so there are enough bit-heads using it to keep them going until something much better comes along. Hey, for a buck-fiddy, it can't be a bad deal.

Hmmm, interesting. sarah11918 uses the same tagline as "tablet wench" on the entourage forum...
Last_of_the_PEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 05:11 PM   #65
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Galaxy Note, Asus Eee Note EA800, enTourage eDGe EE, Nokia N810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_of_the_PEs View Post
Hmmm, interesting. sarah11918 uses the same tagline as "tablet wench" on the entourage forum...
The entourage forum doesn't let you choose your own membership status like this one does. You have to know someone who plays a little fast and loose with forum moderation on his last day on the job to get a fancy title like that over there!

I picked this title when I joined mobile reads because I don't actually have any other ebook reader - all my devices (and my interests) are tablets with handwriting/journal capabilities.
sarah11918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 01:34 PM   #66
geneven1
Enthusiast
geneven1 began at the beginning.

Device: P. Edge, Kindle, N800-810-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoFeet View Post
But but why would they beta Froyo and shut down at the same time? Is "beta" a verb?
You beta your life it is!
geneven1 is offline   Reply With Quote