Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Kindle Books

Notices

Old 08-03-2007, 11:29 PM   #1
pruss
Evangelist
pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Harvard Classics -- with hyperlinked ToCs

Here are Mobipocket versions of RWood's Harvard Classics texts with hyperlinked tables of contents:
http://www.wikifortio.com/604947/HC-Mobi-Fixed.zip
(link expires in 99 days).

Let me thank RWood both for the original versions of these files, and for his help with my automated table of contents generation.

Please do not repost this link outside this site--instead, link to this thread. (If I update the files, the link will change.)

(Update: I fixed my script, and thus added a couple more ToCs. - 08/05/07)

Last edited by pruss; 08-05-2007 at 10:04 PM.
pruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 05:30 PM   #2
JSWolf
Suspended
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650, iPad, nook STR
How did you fix the ToC in the MobiPocket versions? Is it something easy to do so I can do it for any books I post in PRC?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 08-12-2007, 03:21 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, iPad Retina Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro
If you use the BD "Insert TOC" menu command, or, do it yourself with the Note/Link facility in BD, that works just fine in MobiPocket. The only thing that doesn't work is the "auto-generated" TOC that BD creates for Reader books.

Hyperlinked TOCs actually come out rather nicer in MobiPocket than in Reader, because all the correct words are underlined, rather than just the first words as happens on the Reader.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 08:16 AM   #4
JSWolf
Suspended
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650, iPad, nook STR
Sometimes I can get BD to underline all the words. And sometimes just the first word. I'll have to have a go at trying to figure out what is going on.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 08:19 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, iPad Retina Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro
If you don't have it already, it might be worth you downloading the free Mobipocket Reader from http://www.mobipocket.com - that'll give you a quick way to check that Mobipocket versions of books look OK.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 12:34 AM   #6
JoeC
Groupie
JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: RocketBook,Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505, iPad, K1,2,Touch,Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by pruss View Post
Here are Mobipocket versions of RWood's Harvard Classics texts with hyperlinked tables of contents:
http://www.wikifortio.com/604947/HC-Mobi-Fixed.zip
(link expires in 99 days).

Let me thank RWood both for the original versions of these files, and for his help with my automated table of contents generation.

Please do not repost this link outside this site--instead, link to this thread. (If I update the files, the link will change.)

(Update: I fixed my script, and thus added a couple more ToCs. - 08/05/07)
Hello - Would you mind reposting the files? I would love to get my hands on the version with TOCs. Thanks!
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 12:31 AM   #7
lovebeta
Groupie
lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2, Amazon Kindle, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC View Post
Hello - Would you mind reposting the files? I would love to get my hands on the version with TOCs. Thanks!
I second this request! Thanks.
lovebeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 12:37 AM   #8
JindoFox
JindoFox began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebeta View Post
I second this request! Thanks.
And a third here -- I have the paper versions of the Harvard Classics, but I would LOVE a pre-rolled compilation of the same material. I would happily give away my hardcover books in order to reclaim my Five Feet of Shelf Space.

I suppose the alternative is to download them one at a time, but having everything in one place really appeals to me.

JindoFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 12:49 AM   #9
JindoFox
JindoFox began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
This little newbie just realized that everything is already here, nicely organized.

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22328
and
http://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Harv..._at_MobileRead

I hope this helps other newcomers. As for me, I'm still waiting for my just-ordered Kindle, but I'll be ready when it comes!
JindoFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 12:20 PM   #10
lovebeta
Groupie
lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2, Amazon Kindle, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by JindoFox View Post
This little newbie just realized that everything is already here, nicely organized.

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22328
and
http://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Harv..._at_MobileRead

I hope this helps other newcomers. As for me, I'm still waiting for my just-ordered Kindle, but I'll be ready when it comes!
The ones you found do not have hyperlinked TOCs.
lovebeta is offline   Reply With Quote