Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 04:50 AM   #1
iReaderReview
Banned
iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.

Device: kindle 2
iReaderReview [2011]

Update: Notepad V1.1 is now out. Its available at the Kindle Notepad product page.

Thanks for all your input. V1.1 includes Persistent Shift, Word Wrap, Copy-Paste, Anti-aliasing - only on newer Kindles, Speed improvements, A larger largest font size, Shortcuts to move around quickly, and more.

Notepad V1.1 Changes (PDF)

Notepad V1.1 Improvements in Kindle format (mobi).

******************* Original Post

Disclosure: This is an app from the company I work for.

We've just managed to get our Notepad for Kindle App released in the Kindle Store.

Main features -

1) It uses text format so you can move your notes to PC/MAC easily and move text files to Kindle.

2) Fast typing.

3) 6 font sizes and 2 font options (serif, sans serif).

4) Search and Sorting by date/time or alphabetically.

5) Backup and Restore in-app. Also you can copy notes to your PC for safekeeping.

There are lots of shortcuts to make things simple. We have progress bars so you can tell where you are in your list of notes and in a note itself.

Also, it's $1 because we'd like to get it to as many Kindle owners as possible.

Videos - Kindle Notepad Videos.
Help - Kindle Notepad Help

Btw, Help page includes downloadable documents in PDF and Word format in case you'd like to carry something with you on your Kindle on how to use the App. App also has Help section in the app.

Thanks for reading, please do leave suggestions and questions.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 03-12-2013 at 10:09 AM.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:14 AM   #2
avantman42
Guru
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle & Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by iReaderReview View Post
Btw, Help page includes downloadable documents in PDF and Word format in case you'd like to carry something with you on your Kindle on how to use the App.
Wouldn't it make more sense to have a downloadable document in mobi format, if the intention is to have something to load onto the Kindle?
Old 03-17-2011, 05:20 AM   #3
iReaderReview
Banned
iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.

yes, that's a good point. Will add something in the next few days. It's 4:20 am now and i'm half-dead.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:24 PM   #4
Blossom
Wrapped up in Christmas
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 4 Kindles, 2 Kindle Fires, 2 SGPs, Nexus 7 and Fire Phone
Thanks so much. I wanted something like this for a long time!
It seems easy to use too. It does just what I want it to do.
The one thing I notice was the text (font) seems to be jagged looking.
Like the Anti Alias is off which makes it looks like a bitmap font.
It's readable but not so pretty like other Kindle text.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:43 PM   #5
iReaderReview
Banned

about no anti-aliasing

Blossom, glad you liked the app.

We made a conscious decision to not use anti-aliasing as it slows down typing speed.

Amazon does a ton of work to make anti-aliasing work well.

We actually make typing that's a tiny bit faster than if you type a note in a book.

We also have a lot on screen i.e. timestamps, buttons, background.

So the only way to get fast typing was to not use anti-aliasing.

How much of an issue is it?

We could consider adding an option to turn it on or off. Not sure how easy it would be to do that. However, we would definitely investigate it if you feel it's important.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:57 PM   #6
Blossom
Wrapped up in Christmas
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 4 Kindles, 2 Kindle Fires, 2 SGPs, Nexus 7 and Fire Phone
A option to turn anti-aliasing off and on sounds great.
I have no speed issue typing regular notes on my kindle.
I do notice Notepad to be a tad faster but seeing it's a keypad and not keyboard it's not really a difference because my fingers can't move that fast on a keypad.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:29 PM   #7
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindlePW + iPad3 + SGP5 + ClipZip
Thanks so much for this - like many others, I've wanted an app like this for a long time. I really appreciate its simplicity and I'm already putting it to use
Old 03-17-2011, 05:42 PM   #8
Piper_
~~~~~
Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony 350
Thank you, IRR. I've been wishing for a notepad ap for so long, I bought it and am very eager to use it.

Such a smart, easy-buy price, too! I bet you guys will do very well as it becomes a "must have" recommendation to all Kindlers, and people don't hesitate to spend a mere dollar.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:08 PM   #9
iReaderReview
Banned

you're welcome

Loosheesh, Piper,

It's great to know you like it. Everyone on our team is blown away by the response. We were hoping people would like it - it really seems to have hit a sweet spot.

Piper, that's the hope - that the low price makes it a must-buy for a lot of Kindle owners.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:15 AM   #10
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
For that price, it seems quite worth it so I purchased it. I may use it more to display small notes that I create on my computer and transfer to the kindle but being able to create new notes and supplement existing ones will be really handy.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:44 AM   #11
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
this is great! I will definitely be buying this, as I am the type of person who likes creating little notes everywhere then losing it later. This will be great for my loose notes/reminders
Old 03-18-2011, 03:54 AM   #12
snipenekkid
Banned
snipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

neat app, now if someone could take advantage of the mic built into the Kindle and hooked up with Dragon Naturally speaking this might make an even more interesting utility.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:13 PM   #13
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(1/2/3/dx), nook, nookcolr, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Apparently, the current KDK doesn't provide mic access...
Old 03-18-2011, 02:12 PM   #14
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Do I recall that someone did create a hack of some kind to exploit the mic?
Old 03-18-2011, 03:17 PM   #15
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G | Fire HD 6
iReaderReview, you and your development team did a great job with Notepad!

I took a screenshot of Notepad's "Welcome Note" and include it here in case anyone would like to print it for reference as they become acquainted with the application:

Closed Thread

Tags
kindle, kindle app, kindle calculator, kindle calendar, kindle calendar app, kindle converter, kindle productivity