Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-03-2011, 07:11 PM   #1
Ele
Ele began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-950
Any suggestions for a light?

I really wanted the cover with the light, but there were none when I purchased my reader a month ago.
Does anyone have any good suggestions? I do have the Sony cover without the light.

Thanks!
Ele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 03:46 PM   #2
beespeckled
Zealot
beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: KOBO Aura One; Kindle Oasis 3
I don't know where you are located, but here in the PNW I have seen some nice small clip-on LED lights at Fred Meyer. I would think that Target, Sears, K-Mart etc would also have them, maybe even check Staples, Office Depot, OfficeMax, craft stores like JoAnn's & Michaels too. Local bookstores?

Last edited by beespeckled; 03-04-2011 at 03:48 PM. Reason: rephrasing sentence
beespeckled is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2011, 09:27 PM   #3
sheep
sheep began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Pocket Edition
I got one of these for $2 at the dollar store and it was terrible terrible terrible.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/.../10154011.aspx

Can't believe they're charging $20 for this, anyway, the problem is the light shines directly ahead out of the led, not down onto the reader. So I put a bit of aluminum foil tape over the top and front of the light. Now it's absolutely perfect, better than any of my other lights and much smaller. Just don't pay $20 for one.
sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:27 PM   #4
jswinden
Nameless Being

MightyBright makes several clip-on models that are really good.