Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-03-2011, 09:42 AM   #1
Sir Alex
Groupie
Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.
 
Posts: 157
Karma: 1777
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Minsk, Belarus
Device: Kindle 4
Looking for Kindle 3 - 3.0.2 (529960105)

I'm looking for people who have Kindle 3 with 3.0.2 (529960105) firmware.
I need some files from it, to repair another Kindle 3.

List of files:
Code:
/usr/sbin/tmd
/usr/sbin/wancontrol
/usr/sbin/factory_reset
/usr/sbin/phd
/usr/sbin/otaup
/usr/sbin/wifid
/usr/sbin/pppd
/usr/lib/libxslt.so.1.1.17
/usr/lib/libtag.so.1.5.0
/usr/lib/libpangocairo-1.0.so.0.2400.5
/usr/lib/libsoup-2.4.so.1.3.0
/usr/lib/pango/1.6.0/modules/pango-thai-fc.so
/usr/lib/pango/1.6.0/modules/pango-indic-fc.so
/usr/lib/pango/1.6.0/modules/pango-syriac-fc.so 
/usr/lib/pango/1.6.0/modules/pango-arabic-fc.so
/usr/lib/pango/1.6.0/modules/pango-hangul-fc.so
/usr/lib/pango/1.6.0/modules/pango-indic-lang.so
/usr/lib/pango/1.6.0/modules/pango-tibetan-fc.so
/usr/lib/pango/1.6.0/modules/pango-arabic-lang.so
/usr/lib/pango/1.6.0/modules/pango-hebrew-fc.so
/usr/lib/pango/1.6.0/modules/pango-basic-fc.so
/usr/lib/pango/1.6.0/modules/pango-khmer-fc.so
/usr/lib/libwebkit-1.0.so.2.5.0
/usr/lib/libgtk-directfb-2.0.so.0.1600.5
/usr/lib/libpangoft2-1.0.so.0.2400.5 
/usr/lib/libpango-1.0.so.0.2400.5
/usr/lib/libtag_c.so.0.0.0
/etc/shadow
Or maybe somebody know how to rollback changes made by bspatch utility?

Last edited by Sir Alex; 03-03-2011 at 09:51 AM.
Sir Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:01 PM   #2
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.
 
Posts: 662
Karma: 170717
Join Date: Jul 2010
Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
I'm looking for people who have Kindle 3 with 3.0.2 (529960105) firmware.
I need some files from it, to repair another Kindle 3.

List of files:
Code:
/usr/sbin/tmd
/usr/sbin/wancontrol
/usr/sbin/factory_reset
/usr/sbin/phd
/usr/sbin/otaup
/usr/sbin/wifid
/usr/sbin/pppd
/usr/lib/libxslt.so.1.1.17
/usr/lib/libtag.so.1.5.0
/usr/lib/libpangocairo-1.0.so.0.2400.5
/usr/lib/libsoup-2.4.so.1.3.0
/usr/lib/pango/1.6.0/modules/pango-thai-fc.so
/usr/lib/pango/1.6.0/modules/pango-indic-fc.so
/usr/lib/pango/1.6.0/modules/pango-syriac-fc.so 
/usr/lib/pango/1.6.0/modules/pango-arabic-fc.so
/usr/lib/pango/1.6.0/modules/pango-hangul-fc.so
/usr/lib/pango/1.6.0/modules/pango-indic-lang.so
/usr/lib/pango/1.6.0/modules/pango-tibetan-fc.so
/usr/lib/pango/1.6.0/modules/pango-arabic-lang.so
/usr/lib/pango/1.6.0/modules/pango-hebrew-fc.so
/usr/lib/pango/1.6.0/modules/pango-basic-fc.so
/usr/lib/pango/1.6.0/modules/pango-khmer-fc.so
/usr/lib/libwebkit-1.0.so.2.5.0
/usr/lib/libgtk-directfb-2.0.so.0.1600.5
/usr/lib/libpangoft2-1.0.so.0.2400.5 
/usr/lib/libpango-1.0.so.0.2400.5
/usr/lib/libtag_c.so.0.0.0
/etc/shadow
Or maybe somebody know how to rollback changes made by bspatch utility?
I have these files from 3.0.3, don't know what changed though.

Also, isn't /etc/shadow the password file? It's different on every kindle.
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Advertisement
Old 03-03-2011, 05:27 PM   #3
the-equinoxe
Hardware Tweaker
the-equinoxe began at the beginning.
 
the-equinoxe's Avatar
 
Posts: 43
Karma: 28
Join Date: Oct 2010
Device: K3-Wifi
I've got a dump of my 3.0.2 K3 Wifi (I dumped it before updating )


I'll sort them out, upload those (except etc/shadow ) and PM you with a link.

[edit]
Sorted, Uploaded, & you've got a PM
[/edit]

Regards,

EqX

Last edited by the-equinoxe; 03-03-2011 at 05:51 PM.
the-equinoxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 03:35 AM   #4
Sir Alex
Groupie
Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.
 
Posts: 157
Karma: 1777
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Minsk, Belarus
Device: Kindle 4
@the-equinoxe
Thank you very much. But I think your files from another firmware revision, because some files not verified by md5 checksum.

So I still looking for this files:
Code:
/usr/lib/libgtk-directfb-2.0.so.0.1600.5   md5: ea391b6a01b969967edac449d5d96e4e
/usr/lib/libtag.so.1.5.0  md5: b8de14afa76da5855b761961e7b03625
/usr/lib/libwebkit-1.0.so.2.5.0  md5: 852634ca248bfe62f9d5fcbd829f0020
/usr/lib/libxslt.so.1.1.17  md5: f7e4b2b08d53da2b0d18849b45cb553a
Sir Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 06:04 PM   #5
the-equinoxe
Hardware Tweaker
the-equinoxe began at the beginning.
 
the-equinoxe's Avatar
 
Posts: 43
Karma: 28
Join Date: Oct 2010
Device: K3-Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
@the-equinoxe
Thank you very much. But I think your files from another firmware revision, because some files not verified by md5 checksum.

So I still looking for this files:
Code:
/usr/lib/libgtk-directfb-2.0.so.0.1600.5   md5: ea391b6a01b969967edac449d5d96e4e
/usr/lib/libtag.so.1.5.0  md5: b8de14afa76da5855b761961e7b03625
/usr/lib/libwebkit-1.0.so.2.5.0  md5: 852634ca248bfe62f9d5fcbd829f0020
/usr/lib/libxslt.so.1.1.17  md5: f7e4b2b08d53da2b0d18849b45cb553a
I am pretty sure 3.0.2 was running on my system, cause I was unable to upgrade it to 3.0.3.
I do have the original upgrades here, I will check if I can find those files when I extract those bins...
[EDIT]
-- never mind, the updates of course only have patch files for the existing ones, not complete replacement files..
So sorry, can't help you (and randomailer*) with those 4 files..
*following the conversation through google translate, since it has my interest..

Last edited by the-equinoxe; 03-04-2011 at 06:24 PM.
the-equinoxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 06:37 PM   #6
the-equinoxe
Hardware Tweaker
the-equinoxe began at the beginning.
 
the-equinoxe's Avatar
 
Posts: 43
Karma: 28
Join Date: Oct 2010
Device: K3-Wifi
BTW is it possible to undo/reverse a bsdiff patch?
That way one should be able to roll-back selective 3.1 files to a previous version using the information in the patch files from the update(s) since I do have the official update bin files.
(I am just thinking out loud here, in attempt to find a solution).
the-equinoxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:01 PM   #7
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.
 
Posts: 662
Karma: 170717
Join Date: Jul 2010
Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by the-equinoxe View Post
BTW is it possible to undo/reverse a bsdiff patch?
That way one should be able to roll-back selective 3.1 files to a previous version using the information in the patch files from the update(s) since I do have the official update bin files.
(I am just thinking out loud here, in attempt to find a solution).
bsdiff only contains the "patched" values. Kindle does not backup patched files either.
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:45 PM   #8
l..k
Enthusiast
l..k began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 33
Karma: 10
Join Date: Feb 2011
Device: k3
I still have 3.0.2 but 553210206
Will check what md5 are from these files tomorrow, I'm a kind of tired now
l..k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 04:38 PM   #9
l..k
Enthusiast
l..k began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 33
Karma: 10
Join Date: Feb 2011
Device: k3
Unfortunately mines are:
libgtk-directfb-2.0.so.0.1600.5 e9e72ceb580e5452fdcd88abe1cbb501
libtag.so.1.5.0 f8d1c657bc82f2d400b681c9f9128e9e
libwebkit-1.0.so.2.5.0 450a4db9631ef5497a5e3965773840b8
libxslt.so.1.1.17 f7e4b2b08d53da2b0d18849b45cb553a
l..k is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Frugal Kindle ~ Frugal Finds Under $9 for the Kindle (Kindle eBook Resource) eTrubrown Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers 3 10-10-2010 07:12 PM
Transfer Kindle books from Kindle PC to Kindle 3 ppearce Amazon Kindle 15 09-16-2010 06:11 PM
Font hacks for the Kindle 2, Kindle International and Kindle DX edge777 Kindle Developer's Corner 17 04-30-2010 05:11 PM
$0.01 in Kindle Store: Interactive Sudoku for Kindle 2 and Kindle DX - Volume 1 Xia Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion) 2 11-07-2009 11:06 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:53 PM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.