Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 02-27-2011, 03:04 AM   #1
Heather56
Heather56 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G + Wi-Fi
Arrow Kindle 3 In Canada

I've pretty much decided to get the kindle 3 after everything I've read it seems to be the best suited for me. I only want it for reading the ebooks, I don't care about any fancy stuff. I was just curious what people who have one think of it? And if any of them live in Canada, how do the 3G and wireless work?

The only other thing was the formatting I heard was the trouble. Is it easy to get the correct books? What are some good free sites to get them?

Just any imput on it would be great!

Thanks in advance!
Heather56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:28 AM   #2
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
You might want to post this in the Kindle forum. I know that there are a decent number of Canadian Kindle users running around who can answer your questions for you.

The formatting is not a problem. You will have more of a problem with Geo Restrictions then anything. Amazon has a large selection of books that you will be able to purchase. I know that you can download free books from this site, Guttenberg Press, and Feedbooks.

From the posts I have read, the 3G works fine in Canada. Some folks have needed to change the carrier but there is an easy way to do that on the K3 itself. Hopefully someone who has done that will pop on an tell you how.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2011, 12:46 PM   #3
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I have a wifi Kindle and it works fine. I love the text to speech feature; it's why I bought a Kindle instead of another brand. I read a lot of DRM-free books from here and from Smashwords, and you can also read from stores like Kobo or the library if you tinker a little.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canada, kindle 3