Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 02-26-2011, 11:38 PM   #1
Adramandoni
Adramandoni began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Can I ask about cases here?

I got a nookColor today, and I'm planning on a Sony 350 as well. I'm torn on what kind of cases to get. My first thought was to get silicone skins and put them in neoprene sleeves when not in use. But then I thought an actual case might offer more protection. Can anyone offer their experience?
Adramandoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 12:33 AM   #2
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
There is a lot of fragile screen area on any of these readers. Pressure exerted against the screen by a bulging item in a purse or attache case or backpack can crack the screen. That said, some folks are careful to place their reader in a protected area of one of those type carriers and other buy protective cases.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 02-27-2011, 10:24 AM   #3
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
There is probably a topic for cases in the Nook Forum.

I am partial to the Oberon cases. They are expensive but gorgeous and are available for the Nook Color.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:50 AM   #4
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HTC Flyer; BBMini; Sony PRS650
On my Mini, I have the Stylz cover. Not a case. And I just stuff it in one of the pockets on my laptop bag. Which also has my wallet, power supply, phone(s) and chargers in it

Personally, I would go for a cover, not a case (cover = like a book, case = a box in which you put your reader). That's because when I want to read, I don't want to have to carry two things (reader + cover).
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:32 PM   #5
polly
Evangelist
polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, PocketBook 360, Astak PocketPro (RIP), Tungsten T3
For the 350, I'd recommend the Sony lighted cover. I went with it because it was free when I bought my 650, but it's amazing the number of places where having a light attached to the reader is helpful.

If your small reader will be knocked around a lot, I'd also recommend the Case Logic zipper case for the PRS 300. The 350 is a little smaller, but the case has elastic bands in the corners, so size is not as important. There's no really good place to attach a light to this one, even if you carried one, but the case is really well padded.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote