Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 02-24-2011, 09:05 PM   #1
lokisarrow
Enthusiast
lokisarrow can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lokisarrow can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lokisarrow can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lokisarrow can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lokisarrow can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lokisarrow can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lokisarrow can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lokisarrow can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lokisarrow can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lokisarrow can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lokisarrow can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Talking FREE BUCKYBALL Sci-fi NOVEL by Fabien Roy

Top of your day MOBILEREAD PALS.

Just found a Buckyball review on Barnes and Noble anf had to share. Hana wrote...

*will keep you up all night...
When I found out what a buckyball was, I got a little skeptical and even vowed that if the book turned out to be an extended stretch of a drug-induced illusion, I was going to scream. Yes, all this paranoia from me despite the 'sci-fi, thriller' label-you never know, right?*

As it turned out, the plot that moved the book forward could've indeed been drug-induced, but only partially. In fact, it did not really feel like an extended drug-high fantasy. It was actually rather engaging, too, that I wouldn't really have minded whether it had eventually turned out real or not.

This novel has proven all too well how time travel can easily become a dangerous sport. That the initial semblance of power to turn back time and re-live life over and over again comes with a price-one that could even be worst than death-especially when this bizarre privilege is repeatedly abused and, worst, shared with a host of other people.*

Power can indeed corrupt minds, and the extreme measures that one man is willing to do to monopolize control of it is wickedly real, it's almost endearing... It was hard to hate on these people for wanting to make the best out of their time-looped lives, since if given a chance, most of us would've done the same. It was hard to castigate the protagonist for what he did near the end of the story, since his sentiments would've easily been my own were I to de-experience the life I had forever been hoping for.*

The morals that drove the characters through their multiple lives and eventual deaths were what made this book both compelling and satisfying for me. The way it unfolded from what initially seemed like a drug-driven trip to a full-blown sci-fi thriller has actually forced me to pull an all-nighter-something only a handful of books have been able to do lately-with my heart readily sympathizing with the protagonist's plight.*

So, will James Pissola eventually find the right path back to the life he has lost somewhere in this seemingly never-ending time loop? I guess, only time-in all its looped glory-can tell...
http://lokisarrow.wordpress.com/

TOP OF YOUR DAY EVERYONE!

James Pissola tells the story of how one night of partying with his best friend in South Beach changed his life. Listening to a specific song always transports him back to the same time and place, which happens to be the Miamillennium nightclub in Miami. These flashback moments are called life-turns and James claims to have lived over one hundred and seventy-one of them, some lasting between 13 and 26 years.

I wrote and self published my novel Buckyball. My goal is to be a break through sci-fi sensation. The book not me. I aim to entertain and from the comments I've been gathering I have achieved that goal. I need readers. I need reviews. I need you. Thanks for your time. ( 20 reviews so far on amazon) I am on a roll and I do not want it to stop.
BUCKYBALL REVIEW.

Buckyball was great fun to read. What an imaginative and smart idea! And it holds together well, and fails to become repetitive, as it so easily could have done. James is a compelling character, and you create great sympathy for him and his plight. Congratulations on a fine achievement! Alana Wilcox, Senior Editor, Coach House Books.

IF ANYONE WANTS ME TO SEND THEM A FREE e-book copy of Buckyball you can send me a request at lokisarrows@gmail.com or you can download a pdf at my BuckBallBlog http://lokisarrow.wordpress.com/, a site where I post a photo a day with quotes from my novel. 17 reviews on amazon. Cheers to all.

I THINK I MIGHT HAVE BEEN ABLE TO ATTACH BUCKYBALL in an attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: mobi Buckyball - Fabien Roy.mobi (294.9 KB, 182 views)

Last edited by lokisarrow; 02-19-2012 at 09:50 PM. Reason: added the word free
lokisarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:05 PM   #2
lokisarrow
Enthusiast
lokisarrow can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lokisarrow can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lokisarrow can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lokisarrow can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lokisarrow can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lokisarrow can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lokisarrow can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lokisarrow can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lokisarrow can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lokisarrow can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lokisarrow can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Great I try and push my novel and I get tagged with advertisement for another book.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:47 PM   #3
LCF
On workation
LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin V3 (LBook), Pocket PRO, Samsung Wave
Hello lokisarrow, and welcome to MR!

Have you managed to convert the book in other, more reader-friendly formats?
EPUB is always welcome, MOBI is also wide used.
Or you could also optimize a PDF file for viewing on 5"/6" devices with resolution 800x600.
LCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 12:49 PM   #4
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 650, Sony T2, Xoom, Nexus 7 (2012 & 2013), Nook ST (x3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lokisarrow View Post
Great I try and push my novel and I get tagged with advertisement for another book.
What? Where?
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 05:44 PM   #5
lokisarrow
Enthusiast

@LCN Thanks for the ideas. I am not aware of the other formats and will investigate. I thought pdf could be read on all devices. i have no clue how to set it to a different resolution. Again thank you and spread the Buckyball word.

trust the music and always dance as if no one is watching.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:46 PM   #6
lokisarrow
Enthusiast

@bilbo1967 The advertisement seems to change everytime I check my thread. i must be the only one to see it. Did not mean to make a big deal out of it.

BUCKYBALL!
Old 02-27-2011, 05:53 PM   #7
lokisarrow
Enthusiast

buckyball EPUB file

Can anyone tell me if this copy of BUCKYBALL in EPUB is viable.

Thank you for the heads up.

Last edited by lokisarrow; 04-16-2011 at 09:10 AM.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:16 PM   #8
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
Unfortunately, the conversion to epub didn't go very well--there are many problems in the first couple of pages (which is as far as I went). There are several "th ey"s, and the superscript for the footnote for stapedectomy got changed to an l. PDF can be tough to convert to other formats, and the result needs to be proofed.
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 06:34 PM   #9
lokisarrow
Enthusiast

thank you mavis

Thank you for the quick response. Now I have to figure out how to remove the attchement. Top of your evening!
Old 02-27-2011, 06:39 PM   #10
lokisarrow
Enthusiast

PLEASE IGNORE ATTACHEMENT POST #7, EPUB it is not viable. Thanks.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:53 PM   #11
lokisarrow
Enthusiast

Arrow BUCKYBALL sci-fi thriller, FREE BOOK (kindle)

This is my novel and it's for sale but I have been giving it away in exchange for reviews. My goal is 100 reviews on amazon. I'm 95 short please help if the synopsis entices you.

James Pissola tells the story of how one night of partying with his best friend in South Beach changed his life. Listening to a specific song always transports him back to the same time and place, which happens to be the Miamillennium nightclub in Miami. These flashback moments are called life-turns and James claims to have lived over one hundred and seventy-one of them, some lasting between 13 and 26 years.

BUCKYBALL REVIEW.

Buckyball was great fun to read. What an imaginative and smart idea! And it holds together well, and fails to become repetitive, as it so easily could have done. James is a compelling character, and you create great sympathy for him and his plight. Congratulations on a fine achievement! Alana Wilcox, Senior Editor, Coach House Books.

Comments can be sent at lokisarrows@gmail.com

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely Fabien Roy
Attached Files
File Type: mobi Buckyball - Fabien Roy.mobi (294.9 KB, 113 views)
Old 04-15-2011, 10:23 PM   #12
lokisarrow
Enthusiast

why was my message moved?

why was my message moved and where was it moved to?
Old 04-15-2011, 11:22 PM   #13
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
It apparently was moved to:

"Author Self-Promotions"

Even though it is free, I gather the rules here separate out books promoted by authors from other freebies.

THANKS for sharing.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:33 PM   #14
lokisarrow
Enthusiast

i still do not get it

i'm definitely not the fastest car in the lot. where did it get moved to? I figured it out. Thanks.

Last edited by lokisarrow; 04-16-2011 at 09:07 AM. Reason: answering own question
Old 04-28-2011, 08:30 AM   #15
lokisarrow
Enthusiast

7 reviews on amazon...buckyball is gathering traction...