Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-22-2011, 06:32 PM   #1
roxy62
roxy62 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Hi from Edmonton

Hi Everyone,
I am a relatively new Calibre user and I have a question that I cannot find an answer to. I had spent quite a bit of time editing the metadata of my mobi book list one book at a time and had edited about a thousand titles when I was offered a Calibre update. I was told by another user that it would be okay to accept the offer and there was no warning that I would lose any changes that I had made to my current file but that is what happened. Is that common or did I do something wrong? I am now editing my now updated mobi file and would like to know before I get too far if I am doing something incorrectly. I would appreciate any help I get.

Thank you,

Roxy62
roxy62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:38 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone 5, Sony T1, iPad 3
Sorry Roxy, we're not letting any more Canadians join MR until you stop sending all those damn Alberta Clippers down here.

Shoot, I didn't think you'd fall for that one. Anyway, welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:59 AM   #3
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to Mobileread ....

Pop into Calibre Forum ... for an answer -
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:16 AM   #4
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Welcome to Mobileread
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:18 AM   #5
jdash
jdash began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3
Welcome to Mobileread
jdash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:55 AM   #6
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Roxy. Happy Kindling and best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:25 PM   #7
roxy62

You may think its cold when you get it, but let me tell you its even colder when we get it from the Arctic. You should be thanking us for warming it up before we send it on down to you, so you're welcome!!!!!!!
Old 02-23-2011, 06:17 PM   #8
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone 5, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxy62 View Post
You may think its cold when you get it, but let me tell you its even colder when we get it from the Arctic. You should be thanking us for warming it up before we send it on down to you, so you're welcome!!!!!!!
Could you hold onto it a bit more; let it warm up a bit longer?
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:59 PM   #9
roxy62

Alberta Clipper

QUOTE - Could you hold onto it a bit more; let it warm up a bit longer?

I am willing to try, but its so damn cold its hard to hold onto. Just be thankful at least your #@$%!@#$# groundhog didn't see his shadow. Ours did so there is no end in sight for us. I wish I could hibernate