Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-21-2011, 11:13 PM   #1
Patass
Patass began at the beginning.

Device: HTC Evo 4G and FBReader App
Is there a way to merge all the files Calibre outputs into one epub? Library woes.

I'm using an HTC EVO 4G and the android app FBReader because I like the speed and text options and all that good mess. However, the library shows the files output by Calibre a little oddly. Instead of showing me one ebook, with it's cover page like I think it should, it shows each individual file. The Cover as the .jpg file, the opf file, and the epub file. So, I essentially see my books 2-3 times each, but only the epub file actually does anything. What i'd like, is for it to show just the epub file, with the cover. Here's an image of what I'm talking about, because I'm wording this fairly poorly (gotta leave in a minute)

Recap - FBReader for Android is showing each file that calibre outputs. I want it to show only one, WITH the cover art. Any ideas? The only thing I can think of is merging it all into one epub file.
Patass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:18 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
If you want it to show only one send it only one.

Why are you sending the cover.jpg and the opf files to your reader? I assume you are using the Save to disk feature to get that result.

Use the Connect to folder feature instead or if you insist on using the Save to disk feature go to Preferences - Saving books to disk and uncheck Save cover separately and uncheck Save metadata in OPF file.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2011, 10:06 AM   #3
Patass

Well at least that got rid of the multiple file names. Still no cover art for anything aside from Death Troopers however, and that one was working initially.

Old 02-22-2011, 10:20 AM   #4
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Do the files have covers in the first place? You may need to convert ePub->ePub to embed them. (Although ordinarily, save to disk should update the metadata automatically...) If possible, verify that the files on your Android have covers by opening in another application, say the Calibre ebook viewer.

Last edited by Manichean; 02-22-2011 at 10:23 AM.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:11 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
Do the files have covers in the first place? You may need to convert ePub->ePub to embed them.
I concur, a epub to epub conversion should set the cover in the epub properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
(Although ordinarily, save to disk should update the metadata automatically...)
Covers aren't metadata. If the cover is properly embedded in the epub calibre will update the cover on save to disk, but if there is no cover or it does use standard methods to ID the cover then the cover will not be updated when saving to disk.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2011, 07:54 PM   #6
Patass

epub to epub conversion did it. Really appreciate the help all, thanks alot!