Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-21-2011, 09:04 AM   #1
slainte
Zealot
slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
sony pr 505 battery

I have had my sony for about 4 years now and it has always worked great. I noticed that the battery went down very quickly recently after being fully charged and only reading a short amount the next time I used it it was down to one bar. I was loading some books on it today and it was fully charged but after being connected to the computer it was down to 2 bars so wonder if it is the computer which is taking the charge out of the battery?
Any advice welcome as from the various threads it is not easy to replace the battery.
slainte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:16 AM   #2
Timoleon
Time Enough at Last
Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPhone 5, Kindle 3, Fire, Sony PRS-350
Your battery is crapping out and you need to replace it. Not hard to do at all!! I did it with the help of this video from newpower99.com:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLHgLz9LYMA
Timoleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:49 AM   #3
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1
I'm glad it worked for you!

But, without painting black, there are some reports of user here on MR reporting problems with the keyboard-controller ribbon-cable, while replacing the battery.
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:15 PM   #4
jakeluck
Groupie
jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

The battery replacement on the 505 is non-trivial. Please be extremely careful. Best of luck.
jakeluck is offline   Reply With Quote