Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 02-18-2011, 07:18 PM   #1
s1mp13m4n
Zealot
s1mp13m4n is no ebook tyro.s1mp13m4n is no ebook tyro.s1mp13m4n is no ebook tyro.s1mp13m4n is no ebook tyro.s1mp13m4n is no ebook tyro.s1mp13m4n is no ebook tyro.s1mp13m4n is no ebook tyro.s1mp13m4n is no ebook tyro.s1mp13m4n is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPad 3
Can you email books to a Nook Classic?

Hello everyone. My mother has a Nook Classic and I want to send her a book. Can you email a book to her like you can with the Kindle? If so, how?
s1mp13m4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:35 AM   #2
cypresstwist
Nooking in Romania
cypresstwist doesn't littercypresstwist doesn't littercypresstwist doesn't litter

Device: Nook WiFi
No, you cannot, as far as I know. You could always lend her the book for 14 days.
cypresstwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:53 AM   #3
RAH
Fanatic
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
I guess this is obvious, but I'll say it anyway, to complete the answer - if the book does not have DRM, you can just send the ebook file as an email attachment. Your mother could then copy the file to her Nook and read the book.

If it has DRM, you can only lend it, as cypresstwist says. I think it has be to from Barnes & Noble to be lent, but I'm not sure.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 09:56 AM   #4
s1mp13m4n
Zealot
s1mp13m4n is no ebook tyro.s1mp13m4n is no ebook tyro.s1mp13m4n is no ebook tyro.s1mp13m4n is no ebook tyro.s1mp13m4n is no ebook tyro.s1mp13m4n is no ebook tyro.s1mp13m4n is no ebook tyro.s1mp13m4n is no ebook tyro.s1mp13m4n is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPad 3
Thank you for the help, that does answer my question.
s1mp13m4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:36 AM   #5
rdfry
loving the books
rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1mp13m4n View Post
Thank you for the help, that does answer my question.
oops I didn't read that you had a kindle.

This is what what you do, email the book to her, when she side loads it from her computer, It will ask for the credit card number you used to purchase the book. Have her input this number and as long as her nook does not get reset or unregistered she will be able to read any books purchased with that credit card without having to input it again.

Last edited by rdfry; 02-19-2011 at 01:52 PM.
rdfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 02:06 PM   #6
RAH
Fanatic
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
You mean a Nook can read a Kindle-format book? I wouldn't have thought so. Or does Amazon convert it to epub because it sees it is being used by a Nook because of the sharing arrangement?
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:07 PM   #7
rdfry
loving the books
rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAH View Post
You mean a Nook can read a Kindle-format book? I wouldn't have thought so. Or does Amazon convert it to epub because it sees it is being used by a Nook because of the sharing arrangement?
Yeah thats what happens
rdfry is offline   Reply With Quote