|02-18-2011, 10:52 AM||#1|
Join Date: Feb 2011
Device: N800/Nokia 5230/PB IQ701/PB 360
First-time PocketBook IQ 701 user question list
I just got my first ebook reader ever, and its a PocketBook IQ 701. So far, my first impressions are excellent, though I wish the screen was a tad brighter. I do have a bunch a basic questions which I would like to ask about this device:
1) Under DevTools I have a terminal emulator. How do I type in it? I tapped all over the screen, tried different buttons, and nothing seems to work. How do I enter commands? Also, is that a Bash terminal? If not, can I install Bash?
2) The OI file manager is less than stellar, can you recommend a more powerful one?
3) Though I absolutely love the device, I totally hate the welcome screen and, even more so, the Bookland applet. Can I book into an empty wallpaper screen and can I at least get rid of the Bookland applet on the home screen? Is there a way of booting into the EMPTY desktop and not get this horrible-looking homescreen?
4) Speaking of the wallpapered desktop (once the homescreen is pushed aside), I figured out how do I add and remove shortcut icons on it.
5) where could I get the following applications for my PB: Xchat, Zenmap, Pidgin?
6) What dictionary formats does the PB IQ 701 use? Can I just add any of my own dictionaries (in bgl, lsd, dict, dsl formats)
Many thanks for any pointers!!
|02-18-2011, 01:37 PM||#2|
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto, Canada
Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
I am not in front of a computer right now but most if not all of the answers to your questions can be found in the Pocketbook forum.
So head over there and look around. If you still have questions, I'll answer them later.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|pocketbook iq 701||musicman2523||Introduce Yourself||6||01-14-2011 09:26 AM|
|PocketBook IQ 701||mashik||Android Devices||1||01-06-2011 09:08 PM|
|IQ-701 Pocketbook||str13||Alternative Devices||2||12-09-2010 06:36 AM|
|Pocketbook IQ 701||zetareticuli||PocketBook||13||12-01-2010 01:43 PM|
|Kindle battery life question from a first time user||DesiLinguist||Amazon Kindle||8||06-14-2009 07:48 PM|