Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-08-2011, 07:31 AM   #1
jmricker
jmricker has learned how to read e-booksjmricker has learned how to read e-booksjmricker has learned how to read e-booksjmricker has learned how to read e-booksjmricker has learned how to read e-booksjmricker has learned how to read e-booksjmricker has learned how to read e-books

Device: jmricker
Question about populating custom field

I'm working on a metadata source plugin that fetches Dewey Decimal and Library of Congress data. That part of it is working fine -- when it finds a piece of information, it stores it as an identifier. What I'm trying to do next is calculate a genre to plug into a custom column.

Ive got something like this so far:

Code:
mi = Metadata(title, authors)
mi.identifiers = identifiers

mi.set('#genre','im a test')
self.clean_downloaded_metadata(mi)
result_queue.put(mi)
But genre doesn't seem to get populated. Similar results with the .set_userdata method. Whats a better way to do this?

Thanks!
jmricker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:37 AM   #2
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3G, iPad 3, iPad Air
@jmricker - basically you can't.

See this thread in the development forums for the discussion about it.

All you can do right now is put it into one of the existing fields that Calibre does support, like tags or comments.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 06-08-2011, 08:09 AM   #3
jmricker
jmricker has learned how to read e-booksjmricker has learned how to read e-booksjmricker has learned how to read e-booksjmricker has learned how to read e-booksjmricker has learned how to read e-booksjmricker has learned how to read e-booksjmricker has learned how to read e-books

Device: jmricker
Phew. So its not just me I've looked through the api swearing I'm doing it right. Thanks for the pointer.

Now since identifier is populated with my two values, I guess I can build a custom template for a column and display the genre that way. (I think, haven't tried this yet).
jmricker is offline   Reply With Quote