Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-07-2011, 01:05 PM   #1
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Please help me to switch off searching as I type

Please help me.
I am very frustrated at the moment.

I have large library. I want to organise the texts, find duplicates, put together correct author info, correct titles ...

I need to filter books often. So I start typing into the search bar. The problem is, that as I type title: Calibre starts the "search as you type" and doesn't respond for something like 30 seconds. Only after that it lets me to enter a few more characters like title:"manua only to freeze again before I can finish title:"manual"
I can (and do) type text somewhere else and then copy and paste carefully crafted regular expression into the search bar, but it is *very* frustrating

How can I tell Calibre to start searching ONLY after I press enter or click on "Go" button? I must be overlooking something obvious in settings or tweaks.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 01:16 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There is a search as you type in preferences->look and feel
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 02-07-2011, 01:38 PM   #3
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
There is a search as you type in preferences->look and feel
Thank you. I see it now.
I was looking at the left side of the dialog.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote