Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-05-2011, 06:37 PM   #1
v1k1ng1001
Addict
v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 620
What accessories are you using with your PB????

What accessories people are using with their pocketbooks.

I have a 602 and find myself wanting a nicer cover or sleeve most of all but I'm open to other suggestions.
v1k1ng1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:40 PM   #2
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Device: Ebookwise 1150 / 1200
I use a water-proof map bag when at the beach/lake. They're under $30 and will keep your device dry as you float around on an air-mattress. I thought I got my last one from here for about $15, but may be mistaken.

http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_d...34374302888436

I'm sure the REIs and whatnot in the US, and similar sporting/camping stores will carry something similar.

I kept hoping for one of the hard waterproof cases like the kindle have, but never found anything local to test.
guyanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 02-06-2011, 09:17 AM   #3
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, KT, PB701/IQ, K2, PB360, BeBook One, Axim51v, TC1000
For the PB360 a ziplock sandwich bag works well enough for bathtub duty.
Or so I hear.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:47 AM   #4
Kameli
Connoisseur
Kameli began at the beginning.

Device: none
This always makes me wonder why no one makes waterproof reader?

Use induction charger like in electric toothbrushes, wifi/bluetooth, right type of buttons and you could pretty much coat whole thing with clear plastic to make it totally waterproof with no holes or connections at all.

I don't think it would even add much to cost and there would certainly be demand for it.
Kameli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:57 AM   #5
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Device: Ebookwise 1150 / 1200
While not waterproof, I appreciated how rugged my ebookwise 1150 was.

I think a reasonably priced waterproof/ruggedized ebook reader (for pocketbooks etc) would be well received by many. Make it float while you're at it.

I think people would appreciate the expanded places you'd use it without worry (beach/lake/bath/pool/hot-tub/kitchen and so on).
guyanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:35 AM   #6
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
For my PB 902 I've bought the black cover pocketgoods.de offers. It was not cheap but I hope it protects my device properly as I carry it with me in my backpack almost daily. Since now, this works great!
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 12:34 PM   #7
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
For my PB 902 I've bought the black cover pocketgoods.de offers. It was not cheap but I hope it protects my device properly as I carry it with me in my backpack almost daily. Since now, this works great!
do you reckon the cover is enough? I am looking high and low for a rigid case to throw my baby in my very full backpack, but have not managed to find one yet
paola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 01:43 PM   #8
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Yes, I would say that the cover is a very good protection.

A more inexpansive method is to use the green sleeve that comes with the PB and put the device inside the sleeve into a neoprene bag for 10'' netbooks. I would protect my PB this way if I hadn't already bought the pocketgoods-cover together with the PB.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 02:15 PM   #9
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
I have the black leatherette cover sold by Pocketgoods.de and I was quite content with it, until it fell from my bedside table.
Then I realized the one small plastic fastening on the upper side and two at the lower are a bit of a weak spot, because Iit broke off immediately

I now replaced it with a small chevron made of composite and reported this to pocketgoods.de, maybe they change the construction for the next patch of covers they order.

Nontheless it is very good for transportation, as both front- and backside are made of plastic (same materiel as the fastenings) that provides very good protection for the display.

I use to have it in my usually cramped and untidy attaché case,where Ithrow everything in and then try to close it by force, and so far no problems

Last edited by troll05; 02-06-2011 at 02:28 PM.
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:12 PM   #10
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623
I'm using a sofa.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote