Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 01-14-2011, 12:49 PM   #1
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone
ADE Digital ID too many authorizations?

I just downloaded Bluefire Reader App to my iPhone and wanted to use it to access my library e-books. I attempted to authorize it with my Adobe Digital ID and it said I have "too many authorizations" and can't use it.

Right now I use ADE on my PC and I have a nook authorized. Actually I probably have 4 nooks authorized because I had 3 that had issues (mostly button cracking) that needed to be exchanged.

so,
4 nooks
1 PC
----
5 things. I thought I had 6 devices allowed?

I suspect something weird happened when my nook upgraded to the latest software drop as I had to reauthorize it again afterwards due to it not recognizing my nook anymore but it is the same device.

How do I find out what my extra authorizations are (or, is) and how to remove them? I wouldn't mind removing the old nooks but I don't have them anymore so whatever instructions I have for removing them can't depend on actually having the device. Also I hope it won't accidentally deauthorize my current nook because I have books out.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:22 PM   #2
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
If you contact Adobe support and ask them to reset your authorizations and explain what happened, they should be able take care of it. I've done it, and it might take a day or two, but it seems to work. http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 01-14-2011, 11:51 PM   #3
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks. I put in a web case. I wonder what will happen to my library books... oh well!
Old 01-16-2011, 04:24 PM   #4
Joykins
Wizard

A member of Adobe Customer Service who no doubt learned his or her English on the Indian subcontinent informed me Sat. morning that they have "done the needful" and in fact I do not know what they did but my nook is still authorized and I was also able to authorize Bluefire! I'm very pleased with their prompt service (~ 24 hour turnaround).
Old 01-16-2011, 11:18 PM   #5
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
LOL I'm sure that's exactly where they learned their English! But who cares? it got taken care of! They probably deauthorized all the duplicate Nooks.
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:07 AM   #6
Joykins
Wizard

I just find it interesting (the English, I mean), because I work with a lot of Indian engineers. I have learned to recognize the phrases that they use but Americans don't. Sometimes we say the same thing but mean the opposite!