Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-31-2011, 01:55 PM   #1
maverixxx
maverixxx began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
K3 Rookie in SW UK

Hiya,
Just been told my belated Xmas present will be arriving tomorrow.

Not really a book person, well more complicated than that as I have hundreds but all non fiction and reference. So was very surprised to hear my SO thought it might "Do me good"

New to the whole concept of e-book but already excited about reading all those books that have been on one list or another for the past 15 years (conan doyle, twain, vonnegut....)

found mobile read and the treasure within and decided Id be coming here regularly. Cover is ordered, but I can see Im not alone in trying to find a suitable cover. And starting to dig out free books, next thing is to start messing about to change cover images........All in all Im way more excited than I thought I would be, can't wait to get home from work tomorrow.
maverixxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 02:25 PM   #2
desertblues
Travelling ....Indonesia
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Hi,welcome to MR from the Netherlands. Calibre is a good free program for your librarymanagement and converting.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 02:31 PM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR (MobileRead), maverixxx.

It seems you have discovered all the beautifully formatted and proofed books in our "E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library", especially the Mobi/PRC ones for your new K3. Some of MR's very dedicated members have spent time to make these available for us.

Don't forget to check out all the great information at the top of the kindle forum in the sticky threads. A couple you may find useful are: "Links To Amazon Website: User Guides, Updates, Customer Service - And More!" and "Links Every Kindle Owner Should Have".

MobileRead also has a wiki full of additional information including: DRM (Digital Rights Management), ADE (Adobe Digital Editions), acsm, and E-book formats.

Enjoy exploring all MR has to offer and just ask if you have any questions.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:05 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone 5, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi maverixxx and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:28 AM   #5
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
welcome
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:55 PM   #6
maverixxx
maverixxx began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Well its here and I've been fiddling for the last 3 hours More than happy so far and thinking from what I have read that if I intend to jail break it, its easier to do it before i upgrade to 3.03.

At the moment only thinking of screen-savers and possibly xtra fonts unless I am missing something important ?
maverixxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:53 AM   #7
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to Mobileread ….

Enjoy the late arrival
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote