Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-28-2011, 08:34 AM   #1
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
new Pocketbook models: error message when creating catalolgue

Hi,
I have a PB903, and while creating a catalogue to export to my device, i get the following error message:

---------------------------
ERROR: ERROR: Unhandled exception
<b>AttributeError</b>:'POCKETBOOK602' object has no attribute 'gui_name'
OK Copied Hide Details...

Of course, no catalogue is produced. Any suggestions gratefully apreciated!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:13 AM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by paolamanzini View Post
Hi,
I have a PB903, and while creating a catalogue to export to my device, i get the following error message:

ERROR: ERROR: Unhandled exception
<b>AttributeError</b>:'POCKETBOOK602' object has no attribute 'gui_name'
OK Copied Hide Details...

Of course, no catalogue is produced. Any suggestions gratefully apreciated!
I'll need much more context than that.

See Creating a bug report in the If you have problems section of the Creating catalogs: Start here thread.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 01-28-2011, 09:43 AM   #3
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post

See Creating a bug report in the If you have problems section of the Creating catalogs: Start here thread.

G
many tanks, will do!
Old 01-29-2011, 05:48 AM   #4
paola
Wizard

Quote:

G
Hi GRiker,
it looks like the problem might be unusual: when I check the job, there is no "catalogue creation" job! So I have played around with it a bit, and what happens is that if the device is disconnected, Calibre creates the catalogue without any issues. But if the device is connected, as soon as I try to create the catalogue (with the option to send it to the device once it is done) the program terminates (with the error report i put above), apparently without even starting creating the catalogue. So I wonder whether the problem is of a different nature, so that I should report the bug elsewhere.

Many thanks!
Old 01-29-2011, 06:25 AM   #5
GRiker
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@paolamanzini:

Start calibre in debug mode by opening a command line window, then typing

Code:
calibre-debug -g >calibre.txt
Repeat the steps to until the error occurs. Exit calibre, create a ticket in the calibre bug database. Attach 'calibre.txt' to your bug report.

G
Old 01-29-2011, 06:49 AM   #6
paola
Wizard

Quote:
@paolamanzini:

Start calibre in debug mode by opening a command line window, then typing

Code:
calibre-debug -g >calibre.txt
Repeat the steps to until the error occurs. Exit calibre, create a ticket in the calibre bug database. Attach 'calibre.txt' to your bug report.

G
many thanks for being so quick, just done that - it is weird, because if the device is not attached, I can create a catalogue (and send it to the device later).

Edit: the ticket number is #8651, I did not put my name in (I guess I should have put it in the "owner" box)
Old 01-29-2011, 06:49 AM   #7
GRiker

@paolamanzini:
In Preferences|Conversion|Common Options|Page Setup|Output profile, what output profile is selected?

G
Old 01-29-2011, 06:53 AM   #8
paola
Wizard

Quote:
@paolamanzini:
In Preferences|Conversion|Common Options|Page Setup|Output profile, what output profile is selected?

G
the one it gives me by defailt, which is Cybook Opus - there is no pocketbook model at all, but this is the default Calibre sets when I run the setup wizard (where I select "Pocketbook 360 and newer models).
Old 01-29-2011, 06:54 AM   #9
GRiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by paolamanzini View Post
many thanks for being so quick, just done that - it is weird, because if the device is not attached, I can create a catalogue (and send it to the device later).

Edit: the ticket number is #8651, I did not put my name in (I guess I should have put it in the "owner" box)
I am the owner, I already changed it.

You need to create the debug log with the same conditions that cause the error. Do it again, attach the debug log with the error information to the same ticket (don't open a new one).

G
Old 01-29-2011, 06:56 AM   #10
paola
Wizard

Quote:
You need to create the debug log with the same conditions that cause the error.
G
thought this is exactly what I had done, I'll try again: just one question, when opening Calibre just now I was alerted there is a new version: shall I update to that one first, and see if the problem persists?

thanks!
Old 01-29-2011, 07:00 AM   #11
GRiker

Don't update yet. You need to recreate the error conditions and capture them to the debug log.

G
Old 01-29-2011, 07:06 AM   #12
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Don't update yet. You need to recreate the error conditions and capture them to the debug log.

G
ok, done that again. again, thanks!
Old 01-29-2011, 07:10 AM   #13
GRiker

The debug log that you're posting shows no evidence of attempting to generate a catalog.

G
Old 01-29-2011, 07:25 AM   #14
paola
Wizard

Quote:
The debug log that you're posting shows no evidence of attempting to generate a catalog.

G
ok, let me see if this gives more information: is what is on the command screen after I run calibre in debug mode and try to create the catalogue:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	65689  
Old 01-29-2011, 07:50 AM   #15
GRiker

And you're certain that when you open Preferences|Conversion|Common Options|Page Setup|Output profile Cybook Opus is selected?

G