Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-08-2013, 09:42 PM   #511
bookfanmd
Addict
bookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 300/505/T1 Nook STWG Kobo Glo Kobo Aura HD KDX iPad1 K3 KT PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
No PI needed if you have set up Sharing by email.

select books: right click: Connect share (the disk drive wit 3 balls above): choose

If Connect share is not there: Preferences: Toolbars: Context menu for books in Library >make it appear in the Right side list

I tried this tonight and got it working. Thanks for the suggestion.
bookfanmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 01:23 PM   #512
Huisie
Enthusiast
Huisie doesn't litterHuisie doesn't litter

Device: none
Metadata Sources Presets

I'd like to suggest a plugin for metadata download presets, similar to the "Quick Preferences" plugin.

When downloading metadata for a large amount of books, I use ISBNDB and Goodreads as sources, downloading metadata only, not covers.

I then go through the books to correct missing or inaccurate data. Typically, the first step is to just do the same search again for those.

I then correct books individually and it is here that a preset option would be useful.
- if a book is missing comments, etc., I like to add a couple of sources
- if a book has a poor/missing cover, I spread the search wider with more sources

This does mean that I have to configure the sources quite frequently, which can be tedious.

I an hoping that someone with the technical nous and configure an easier solution - or suggest an existing one that I am unaware of. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Huisie; 01-01-2014 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Add title
Huisie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 04:53 AM   #513
patred
patred began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
Dear All

Haven't see this yet: I would like to have a plugin that collect metadata from www.stripinfo.be and/or www.bdtheque.com to make it easier to index french and dutch comic books

Thank you

Cheers

Patred
patred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:50 AM   #514
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, H2O
I don't know if this exists already, but I'd like a plugin to sum the contents of a custom column of numerical data in a Virtual Library. This would help keep track of my "Purchased but Unread" book balance without having to export to .csv format.

Please let me know if the ability to do so is already implemented! Thanks.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:43 AM   #515
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2, Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
I don't know if this exists already, but I'd like a plugin to sum the contents of a custom column of numerical data in a Virtual Library. This would help keep track of my "Purchased but Unread" book balance without having to export to .csv format.

Please let me know if the ability to do so is already implemented! Thanks.
Is purchased a Tag?

If you have a VL for not read and search on the Tag for Purchased: the count will be at the bottom

<#purchased> of <#not read>
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 04:30 PM   #516
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, H2O
Quote:
Is purchased a Tag?

If you have a VL for not read and search on the Tag for Purchased: the count will be at the bottom

<#purchased> of <#not read>
It's not the number of books that I'm looking for, but the sum total of my custom column "Cost".
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 04:41 PM   #517
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
It's not the number of books that I'm looking for, but the sum total of my custom column "Cost".
I don't tell my wife how much I spend on books and neither does she. Don't ask, Don't Tell (or keep records )

You will need a spreadsheet. I don't think calibre even has the core utilities to do this (sum)
Old 01-04-2014, 07:32 PM   #518
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Quote:
I don't tell my wife how much I spend on books and neither does she. Don't ask, Don't Tell (or keep records )

You will need a spreadsheet. I don't think calibre even has the core utilities to do this (sum)
I don't either. Some sort of user configurable statistics screen might be handy. But, maybe it can be done using a catalogue? At the least, it should be able to produce a CSV file with the appropriate data.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:54 PM   #519
Terisa de morgan
Wizard
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura HD, iPhone, iPad, Galaxy Tab3 8
Quote:

Won't program language (python) have the + operator? I think so. I don't think that the main problem would be the + operator but getting all the books to apply it.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:48 PM   #520
theducks
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Won't program language (python) have the + operator? I think so. I don't think that the main problem would be the + operator but getting all the books to apply it.
It is the database engine Summary tools that is needed. (think doing this on 1000's of records)

The basic (a+b) math is needed/ probably used in many places.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:15 PM   #521
BMaster31
BMaster31 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
email multiple files

I have been looking all over the forums and the internet for this, but have yet to find a good solution. I have people I share my Calibre content with through email (connect and share), and there are a couple cases where those people want the content in multiple formats. Like EPub (for the phone) and AZW3 for their reader. I currently have to use the 'send to multiple recipients' function and specify the format manually for their 'second' format. Just wondering if there is an easier way to do this, or if there is an plugin to always send all the formats listed for a single email address.

Thanks!
BMaster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:28 PM   #522
theducks
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMaster31 View Post
I have been looking all over the forums and the internet for this, but have yet to find a good solution. I have people I share my Calibre content with through email (connect and share), and there are a couple cases where those people want the content in multiple formats. Like EPub (for the phone) and AZW3 for their reader. I currently have to use the 'send to multiple recipients' function and specify the format manually for their 'second' format. Just wondering if there is an easier way to do this, or if there is an plugin to always send all the formats listed for a single email address.

Thanks!
Send them bums EPUB and let them convert with THEIR Calibre, since they have the decision (what to read upon) problem

Last edited by theducks; 02-02-2014 at 12:29 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-20-2014, 10:01 PM   #523
kcmccombs
kcmccombs began at the beginning.

Device: samsung note 2
new here

i would like to see more stuff on audio books and have calibre search audible .com
kcmccombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:18 PM   #524
theeye23
theeye23 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Smile hi there

I would like to request or suggest a plugin to read attributes from AutoCAD files like DWG and DWF so we can add our sample AutoCAD drawings.
theeye23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 10:56 PM   #525
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Quote:
Send the bums EPUB and let them convert with THEIR Calibre, since they have the decision (what to read upon) problem
Agreed:thumbup:
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote