Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-27-2011, 04:36 AM   #1
jhbyfleet
jhbyfleet began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS300R
Question MOBI to EPUB

Conversion of a MOBI file had only reached 1% conversion after an hour's processing. As a beginner I feel I'm doing something stupid. Any ideas, please?
jhbyfleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:38 AM   #2
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
try it again with all conversion parameter screens reset to default .
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2011, 04:40 AM   #3
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
You're not doing something stupid, some conversions just take forever, depending on the quality of the source.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:48 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldolse View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhbyfleet View Post
Conversion of a MOBI file had only reached 1% conversion after an hour's processing. As a beginner I feel I'm doing something stupid. Any ideas, please?
You're not doing something stupid, some conversions just take forever, depending on the quality of the source.
And I can virtually guarantee the book's origin (pre-mobi) was MS Word. I have had some conversions take 6 hours others have had conversions take even longer.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 04:44 AM   #5
jhbyfleet
jhbyfleet began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS300R
Helpful replies

Thanks for all your advice. I'll carry on trying.
jhbyfleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert