Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-20-2011, 10:03 AM   #1
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5 Paperwhite and a Simple touch Nook
I would like to introduce

To Mobile Read forum members, for your reading pleasure Mack Bolan and his pals. I recommend these novels as action packed reading options for anyone and all. First let me tell you a little about Mack and his pals and set the stage for the novels:

Mack was born and raised in Pittsfield, MA when he was drafted into the US Army and served two tours of duty in Vietnam. One fine day he got word that his family had been slaughtered by the American Mafia and was returned home on compasionate leave to burry his family. He then vowed, referring to the mafia, to "shake their house down." And went on a one man crusade to defeat the mafia. Over the next few books he fought the mafia anywhere and everywhere he could find them resulting in many violant and bloody encounters. During these offensives he was presued on both sides by mafia troops and law enforcement officals. One young Los Angeles detective, Carl Lyons, was assigned to Project Hardcase which had its purpose to bring Bolan to justice. Also during these wars he sometimes co-operated with US Federal Government operatives called the Sensitive Operations Group which consisted of Tomy Anders (a Las Vegas singer), Toby (can't recall her last name) and Smily Dubin. Toby and Smily were members of a group of Las Vegas show girls which was a cover for their covert anti-crime efforts and at one time did a wild go-go routine to attract attention so that Mack could make an escape. Others Mack encoutnered included Leo "the Pussy" Turin, a government operative who was a mole inside the mafia power structure who frequently worked with Mack. Mack was also helped out by an admirer Valentine Quenterentine who admiered Mack and has helped out at times.

Towards the end of this crusade Mack was approached by a high ranking government offical, Hal Brognola, who drafted Mack into a covert anti-crime government organization. Thus ended Mack's crusade against the mafia. In his time with Hal and his group (called Stony Man) he met the love of his life April Rose. All of this ended when a rouge government operative assulted the Stony Man HQ and April took a bullet for mack, thus ending Mack's association with Stony Man.

Now Mack wages a one man crusade against all the predators of society frequently leaving a trail of bodys a mile wide after him. He sometimes coperates with his old organiztion Stony Man taking missions from Hal. Mack's weapons of choice are a small Beretta 93R for when stealth is needed and a Auto Mag, a giant gun, when he realy needs to reach out and grab a terrorist or two.

Mack's associates are:

The Man - President of the US
Hal Brognola - Head of the Stony Man organization
Barbara Price - Honey Blond second in command and mission controler
Carl Lyons
Pol Brancales - Pol is short for politician for his ability to defuse tense situations
Gagets Schwarts - Gaget for his abilities with anything electronic
Aron Kurtzman - Stony Man's Cyber genius
Buck Green - Head of the Stony Man security force
John Kissinger - Stony Man's armorer who frequently makes weapons
Prof Huntington Weathers - Former UCLA Prof of Cybernetics
Akira Tikado - Japaneese cyber genius
Jack Grimaldi - Ace pilot who has flys everything from hang gliders to a Space Shuttle

For more information:

mackbolan.com
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:18 PM   #2
davtay
The Continental
davtay began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I read a lot of The Executioner back in the early eighty's in high school. Fun series. Brings back memories.

David.
davtay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:56 PM   #3
paganpete
paganpete began at the beginning.

Device: Binatone Readme Daily
For some reason I had memories of the Survivalist - super pulpy but fun when I was reading them in the 80's!
paganpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:38 PM   #4
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Have you read Day of Morning David? If you have not then you have to get back up to speed on the series.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:34 AM   #5
davtay
The Continental
davtay began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
Have you read Day of Morning David? If you have not then you have to get back up to speed on the series.
No I haven't. Seems like the last I read Bolan was fighting terrorists, had to be '85 or so. My dad always took me to the bookstores as a kid and Mack Bolan was the ultimate to a pre-teen to want to read. I will have to regive Mr. Pendleton's Executioner another shot. But right now I am kind of in a Elmore Leonard groove. Just enjoying the hell out of it.

David.
davtay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:55 AM   #6
jbcohen
Wizard

Need to read Day of Morning before any of the new ones. In the later novels he will be talking about April and he will frequently be reluctant to let friends come a long with his fights and you need to understand what he is talking about and why he is so reluctant, he won't tell you in the later novels. Need to know why Kurtzman is in a wheel chair. Day of Morning has the keys and you need to read that one.