Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion)

Notices

Old 01-20-2011, 11:48 AM   #1
orange!
Born to be wild
orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle K3 wi-fi, Nexus 7 + Aldiko
Thumbs up Rudy Rucker's "Ware Tetralogy" - Free!

I hope this message is okay and in the right place. If not, please have a moderator delete it. Thanks!

I was just getting ready to drop $10 for the "Ware Tetralogy" at Amazon.com, then by chance I found it at ManyBooks for free.
orange! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:03 PM   #2
soondai
Fanatic
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a few
cool. his nonfiction stuff is great. I'll check these out!
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 01-20-2011, 04:15 PM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NOOK ST GlowLight
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange! View Post
I hope this message is okay and in the right place. If not, please have a moderator delete it. Thanks!

I was just getting ready to drop $10 for the "Ware Tetralogy" at Amazon.com, then by chance I found it at ManyBooks for free.
Thanks for this — it looks interesting. It's also available directly from his web site http://www.rudyrucker.com/wares/ but only in PDF and RTF formats. ManyBooks has it in all their formats, using their auto conversion software.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:52 PM   #4
orange!
Born to be wild
orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle K3 wi-fi, Nexus 7 + Aldiko
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Thanks for this — it looks interesting. It's also available directly from his web site http://www.rudyrucker.com/wares/ but only in PDF and RTF formats. ManyBooks has it in all their formats, using their auto conversion software.
It's the first time I've tried to get a book from that website. I didn't know they auto-converted stuff. Do you have any experience with the quality of the results? Is this a case of "you get what you pay for"? Maybe it's worth $10 if the Amazon copy is significantly better quality?
orange! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:21 PM   #5
Caltsar
Zealot
Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: nook Touch, iPad, iPhone
The Manybooks ePub version looks quite good once you get to the actual text, but the title, copyright, and contents pages are a bit messed up. I notice no major formatting errors once you get into the text though. I imagine the mobi format is the same situation.
Caltsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:35 PM   #6
rogerVA
Connoisseur
rogerVA can talk to the animals.rogerVA can talk to the animals.rogerVA can talk to the animals.rogerVA can talk to the animals.rogerVA can talk to the animals.rogerVA can talk to the animals.rogerVA can talk to the animals.rogerVA can talk to the animals.rogerVA can talk to the animals.rogerVA can talk to the animals.rogerVA can talk to the animals.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite & Kindle 3
Sweet, thanks for the info!
rogerVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:05 PM   #7
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel, Kindle G1 (broken), iPod Touch
What do people think of the books?
RockdaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:47 PM   #8
TooManyDonts
TooManyDonts began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Thanks! Two of the books won the Philip K Dick award, that makes them at least worth a read.
TooManyDonts is offline   Reply With Quote