Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-19-2011, 01:25 PM   #1
luthar28
Enthusiast
luthar28 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
ONIX?

I'm with a small publisher (about 20 titles a year) and we have our stuff up on Amazon and we're trying to get into the Kobo store but they asked us whether our meta data is coming via Onix or Excel.

I don't even know what that means. I thought the meta data was embedded with the ePub. I googled it...but I have no idea what those pages are talking about either

Can someone direct me (or tell me) what this means?
luthar28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:41 PM   #2
PeterT
Taking a break; Fed up
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Wife: Touch, Arc, Vox Me: Nexus 7, Glo
What I think they are after is not the metadata in your book; rather for the info that they would place on their website to describe your books.

Take a look at http://www.booknetcanada.ca/index.ph...162&Itemid=468 for what looks to be a good template and more info on Onix, and to help you create the info that is required. This includes
ISBN-10, ISBN-13, Title, Subtitle, Series

Peter
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast