Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-21-2011, 04:29 AM   #1
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Just upgraded and all my preloaded books are open and in I'm reading!

I have only just upgraded my original kobo with the firmwear 1.8x update.
Even though I am in Australia I have the Kobo desktop app and that's what I upgraded from. It all went well but after I added all my own books from Calibre I noticed that ALL 100 of the free preloaded books are open and in the "I'm Reading" section. I can't hide them by choosing to display only "My Books" as they are all open.
I have not opened ANY book as I have only just finished loading all of them. My books loaded via Calibre are all showing as "New" or "Unread"

I don't really want to delete the preloaded books from the Kobo as I do intend to read at least a few of them sometime but I can't handle having all these books in the "I'm reading" section.

I have tried searching but couldn't find this problem. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to hide 100 open preloaded books?
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:28 AM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
You can mark them read in Calibre.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2011, 06:41 AM   #3
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

But will they be able to be hidden if I mark them as read? Or has that changed with the update?
Previously the preloaded books that I had opened and read couldn't be hidden which was fair enough as I had read them. However this is ALL 100 of the books.

Thanks for the suggestion I will see what Calibre does to them.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:04 AM   #4
HarleyB
Fanatic

OK problem solved.
I used Calibre and removed the "I'm reading" tag in collections leaving it blank which reset all the preloaded books to unread and now they are hiding when I display "My books".

Now I just have to sort through all my books to mark the ones I have read and then I might actually get to read something to see how good the upgrade is...

So taming when do you find time to read? You are always solving everyone's problems?
Old 01-21-2011, 08:34 AM   #5
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm up really, really early on work days, but not actually here all that much during the week. Of course I was off work for 4 weeks recently and a grrls gotta do something...
Advert
Old 01-21-2011, 10:24 AM   #6
EDinNB
Enthusiast
EDinNB doesn't litterEDinNB doesn't litterEDinNB doesn't litter

Device: Kobo
Is there a quick way to delete the I'm Reading tag, or is it a 1 at a time manual operation?

EDinNB
EDinNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:49 PM   #7
taming
Trying for calm & polite

If you don't have a bunch of other books on the reader--or if you have them on an SD card--a factory reset will take care of this and leave you in good shape. I am assuming that you did a "manage" cycle and this did not clear them and that you tried a sync, as well. Just be sure that you don't have any books on the desktop/website I'm reading list that you don't want synced as well.