Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-17-2011, 10:45 AM   #1
running
running will become famous soon enoughrunning will become famous soon enoughrunning will become famous soon enoughrunning will become famous soon enoughrunning will become famous soon enoughrunning will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle
Kindle 3 applications

Hello,

I know these questions will probably sound stupid, but I haven't been able to really find answers. I am still waiting for my Kindle to arrive, but I am researching things in advance

So, my questions are....

(1) Is it possible to install custom applications on Kindle (such as the the KindleTERM application in one thread)? What is needed to do to install something?

(2) Is it possible to develop applications on Kindle? I know quite a bit of Java and C and I heard Kindle runs on some sort of Linux. But I haven't been able to find any (even unofficial) specification or even a basic how-to.
running is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:04 PM   #2
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
1) Yes, you have to jailbreak it (use a custom .bin firmware update)

2) Yes. Use Google. At the moment, it's closed beta, but there are tutorials to make your own Kindlet on this very forum...
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 01-19-2011, 10:37 AM   #3
running
running will become famous soon enoughrunning will become famous soon enoughrunning will become famous soon enoughrunning will become famous soon enoughrunning will become famous soon enoughrunning will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kranu View Post
2) Yes. Use Google. At the moment, it's closed beta, but there are tutorials to make your own Kindlet on this very forum...
of course I know KDK. But I wanted to make apps outside of KDK.

But I found some tutorials here and on the web, too. So sorry for littering this forum. I just didn't know what to google exactly.
running is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:43 PM   #4
visgean
visgean began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3g
Well, could you paste links you have found?
visgean is offline   Reply With Quote