Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 01-16-2011, 08:22 PM   #1
andrea t
andrea t began at the beginning.

Device: none
Not an authorized user?

Thanks to you guys when I got my nook last year you helped me figure how to set things up and now I happily download books every week from my library.

This Christmas I bought my mom a nook (perfect gift for someone homebound) ; she lives with me. I got her her own library card, I downloaded some books for her, they show up on Adobe Digital Editions and they transferred to her nook.

When I try to open the book it says "User Not Activated" How do I activate her?

Thanks!
andrea t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:51 PM   #2
rdfry
loving the books
rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted Nook, Galaxy S4, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea t View Post
Thanks to you guys when I got my nook last year you helped me figure how to set things up and now I happily download books every week from my library.

This Christmas I bought my mom a nook (perfect gift for someone homebound) ; she lives with me. I got her her own library card, I downloaded some books for her, they show up on Adobe Digital Editions and they transferred to her nook.

When I try to open the book it says "User Not Activated" How do I activate her?

Thanks!
You need to connect the Nook to the computer that has ADE installed on it and delete the Adobe Digital Editions folder from the Nook this will let ADE reauthorize the Nook and she needs to make sure that she always ejects the Nook from the computer before using it.
rdfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:06 AM   #3
jedifarfy
Zealot
jedifarfy doesn't litterjedifarfy doesn't litter

Device: rooted nook color, nook wifi 1st edition
Hook up the nook to a computer, and open the nook's drive under My Computer. Delete the whole folder labeled "adobe digital editions". Restart the nook, hook it back up to the computer, and start up Adobe Digital Editions. The program will authorize the nook and all will be well.
jedifarfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:08 PM   #4
andrea t

Can 2 nooks be authorized or do I have to do the entire process each time I switch nooks?
Old 01-18-2011, 07:27 PM   #5
BarryR
Connoisseur
BarryR doesn't litterBarryR doesn't litter

Device: Color Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea t View Post
Can 2 nooks be authorized or do I have to do the entire process each time I switch nooks?
I believe ADE allows six devices. If you have inactive devices but run through your six, you can do an online chat with Adobe and they'll reset the six.
BarryR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:05 PM   #6
andrea t

Thank you for all the help! It worked!