|06-24-2007, 08:33 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jun 2007
Device: Librie, eReader, Kobo Glo
Get a Librie for (probably) less than $200
It appear that recently, libries that were gathering dust in various shops' warehouses have been sold for cheap in clearance sales. I'm not completely sure that's the reason, but in any case there's been a small wave of people selling librie with very low starting bids on Japan's yahoo auctions.
That's what allowed to buy mine for 20000 yens (about $170).
I don't think it's going to last long, but I think it's an opportunity, especially with the yen as low as it is. Unfortunately for most people, the sellers won't ship oversea (in the unlikely case they can handle english).
So here is the deal I'm offering:
I'll bid and buy them for whomever asks. Of course you'll have to pay for everything, which means:
1. The final price if you/we win the auction.
2. Shipping from the original seller to me (usually between 500 and 700 yens).
3. Shipping from Japan to you through EMS - The package will be 1.3-1.5 kilograms, except if you want something extra (here are the rates worldwide).
4. The money transfert fees (paypal, money transfert and so on. That's usually about 5-10$)
5. My fee: I'll charge 5000 yens for each.
Basically all this means is that the final price, shipping included, will be the final bidding price + about 80$
You can see what's available at any given time here (or you can go to http://auctions.yahoo.co.jp , copy and paste リブリエ in the search field. That should get you to the same page).
A few basic rules:
* First come first served on any one auction.
* You specify what the bidding upper limit is. Be aware that auction sniping is impossible with yahoo auctions: if you place a bid at the last second, the time limit is reset 10 minutes later.
* I personnaly don't have any stake in the final price - my fee will always be a flat 5000 yens. That said if for the same device there are two potential buyers, as said before the first comer has priority. Only if the second one's upper limit is higher and the item sells above the first one's limit will the second buyer get it. In any case and in such a situation I'll make all parties aware of everything.
|06-29-2007, 11:35 AM||#2|
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
I'll have to check if these things are starting to turn up in Akihabara (Electronics District) and see how cheap they're going for. If I can grab a few cheap enough. Thanks for the heads up!
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|[Librie-Dev] Librie RSS Reader (Windows GUI) v0.31b||quantumskie||Legacy E-Book Devices||0||11-30-2006 10:37 AM|
|[Librie-Dev] Librie RSS Reader v0.2b (Windows GUI) *needs XylogParser.dll*||quantumskie||Legacy E-Book Devices||0||11-27-2006 01:34 PM|
|[Librie-Dev] To good to be true: Sony Librie finally cracked!||Colin Dunstan||Legacy E-Book Devices||8||07-11-2005 04:23 PM|
|[Librie-Dev] Japanese Sony Librie turns Anglo-Saxon||Alexander Turcic||Legacy E-Book Devices||0||05-07-2005 03:54 PM|
|[Librie-Dev] Sony Librie - download all BBeB encrypted e-books||Colin Dunstan||Legacy E-Book Devices||1||10-26-2004 07:44 PM|